how to use iimopen with pale moon?

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
techimac

Re: run in palemoon from VBA

Post by techimac » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:46 pm

iret = iim1.iimOpen("-fxPath ""C:\Program Files\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe""")

Opens iMAcros Browser not Palemoon

Windows 8.1
Excel 2003
Firefox 56
Palemoon 28
iMacros 8.9.7
iMacros Browser Trial v11.1.495.5175
Available for custom iim, javascript iMacros scripts
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:11 pm

techimac wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:46 pm

Code: Select all

iret = iim1.iimOpen("-fxPath ""C:\Program Files\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe""")
Opens iMAcros Browser not Palemoon

Windows 8.1
Excel 2003
Firefox 56
Palemoon 28
iMacros 8.9.7
iMacros Browser Trial v11.1.495.5175

FCI, "in your OP, not lost in the middle of the Thread"..., but OK, never mind... :roll:
+ PM28 '_x64', I "take for granted"...

>>>

Yeah, well, to use the '-fxPath' Switch, I think you also need the '-fx' Switch..., or "it" thinks you want to use iMB... :idea:

=> Try this one:

iret = iim1.iimOpen("-fx -fxPath ""C:\Program Files\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe""")
And maybe also using the '-runner' Switch:

iret = iim1.iimOpen("-fx -runner -fxPath ""C:\Program Files\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe""",true)
EDIT:
Hum..., might also need the '-fxProfile' Switch, altogether...:

iret = iim1.iimOpen("-fx -runner -fxPath ""C:\Program Files\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe"" -fxProfile default",true)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:50 pm

And hum..., if you still don't get it to work, what you could "try", is to install some 2nd Instance of FF, but FF 'Portable' :!: , maybe not some "current"/"latest" FF Version, now at FF85 I think...?, as I "think", it only works with 'SI' v12.x, plus it requires iMacros for FF v10.0.2 AND the 'FIO'-Module for Local File Access, but rather FF Portable v55.0.3 (+ iMacros for FF v8.9.7 also), and maybe installed "first" to some "easy" Directory/Location that won't require any Spaces in the Path, like "C:\Temp\FF55\" for example..., until you get the Syntax to work, before trying to adapt it to PM28... :idea:

Then close/kill all FF and PM Instances when you run your Tests...

>>>

One mini-Tip, when you want to run different Versions of FF or PM at the same time, you always need to launch the 'Portable' Version FIRST before being able to launch the 'Standard' Version (installed in '\Program Files (x86)\' or '\Program Files\', depending if you installed the '_x32' or '_64' Version...) :!:

The "other way around" doesn't work, if you try to launch first the 'Standard' Version, and then after, the 'Portable' Version, you will get some Error that FF or PM is "already running"... (well, at least in Win10, but I "suspect" you will get the same Behaviour in Win8.1). :(
And if both Versions are both 'Portable', then you can choose the Order that you want...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
techimac

Post by techimac » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:00 pm

iret = iim1.iimOpen("-fx -fxPath ""C:\Program Files\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe""", False, 1)
added timeout

it opened palemoon but returned number -9
should return 1
further macros were not run

ret = iim1.iimOpen("-fx -runner -fxPath ""C:\Program Files\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe""", True, 1)
says profile needed with runner

I dont have experience with "runner"

iret = iim1.iimOpen("-fx -runner -fxPath ""C:\Program Files\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe"" -fxProfile default", True, 1)
returned number -6
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:09 pm

techimac wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:00 pm

iret = iim1.iimOpen("-fx -fxPath ""C:\Program Files\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe""", False, 1)
added timeout

should return 1

ret = iim1.iimOpen("-fx -runner -fxPath ""C:\Program Files\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe""", True, 1)
says profile needed with runner

I dont have experience with "runner"

iret = iim1.iimOpen("-fx -runner -fxPath ""C:\Program Files\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe"" -fxProfile default", True, 1)
returned number -6

Ah...!, OK, that's some "Improvement" already... :D

Then OK, I let you test and try further, until you get it to work "completely"..., but hum..., try to be "a little bit clever"..., => "1" (= 1 Sec) is a bit of a "stupid" Value to use for the 'timeout' Param, I would think, ah-ah...! :idea: :shock:
Last edited by chivracq on Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
techimac

Post by techimac » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:20 pm

I used 1 as timeout because I wanted to see quickly if it executes macros

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/378 ... pi-error-9

I will try this
techimac

Post by techimac » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:30 pm

32 bit
iret = iim1.iimOpen("-fx -fxPath -fxProfile default ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe""", False, 1)

returned -1
techimac

Post by techimac » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:34 pm

-fxProfile default not working

iret = iim1.iimOpen("-fx -fxPath ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe""", False, 1)
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:49 pm

techimac wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:30 pm
32 bit

iret = iim1.iimOpen("-fx -fxPath -fxProfile default ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe""", False, 1)
returned -1
techimac wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:34 pm
-fxProfile default not working

iret = iim1.iimOpen("-fx -fxPath ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe""", False, 1)

Yep, sure "-fxProfile default not working" if you squeeze it randomly in the middle of another Switch, ah-ah...! :lol:
techimac

Post by techimac » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:56 pm

iret = iim1.iimOpen("-FX -fxPath ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe"" -fxProfile default", False, 1)

palemoon not opening
returned error -9
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:55 am

chivracq wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:11 pm

=> Try this one:

iret = iim1.iimOpen("-fx -fxPath ""C:\Program Files\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe""")
This is the correct syntax. -runner is not necessary for this scenario (iimRunner should only be used when your script is running under one user account but you want to launch the browser in a different user account).

techimac wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:00 pm
added timeout

should return 1
As chivracq pointed out, a 1-second timeout is way too short. And as I mentioned in the other thread related to this topic that chivracq referenced earlier [and has now been merged with this thread], even if the browser is successfully launched, it still may not work because this is an unsupported configuration.
Last edited by Tom, Tech Support on Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged threads
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support