how to use iimopen with pale moon?

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
techimac

Re: run in palemoon from VBA

Post by techimac » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:46 pm

iret = iim1.iimOpen("-fxPath ""C:\Program Files\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe""")

Opens iMAcros Browser not Palemoon

Windows 8.1
Excel 2003
Firefox 56
Palemoon 28
iMacros 8.9.7
iMacros Browser Trial v11.1.495.5175
Available for custom iim, javascript iMacros scripts
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:11 pm

techimac wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:46 pm

Code: Select all

iret = iim1.iimOpen("-fxPath ""C:\Program Files\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe""")
Opens iMAcros Browser not Palemoon

Windows 8.1
Excel 2003
Firefox 56
Palemoon 28
iMacros 8.9.7
iMacros Browser Trial v11.1.495.5175

FCI, "in your OP, not lost in the middle of the Thread"..., but OK, never mind... :roll:
+ PM28 '_x64', I "take for granted"...

>>>

Yeah, well, to use the '-fxPath' Switch, I think you also need the '-fx' Switch..., or "it" thinks you want to use iMB... :idea:

=> Try this one:

iret = iim1.iimOpen("-fx -fxPath ""C:\Program Files\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe""")
And maybe also using the '-runner' Switch:

iret = iim1.iimOpen("-fx -runner -fxPath ""C:\Program Files\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe""",true)
EDIT:
Hum..., might also need the '-fxProfile' Switch, altogether...:

iret = iim1.iimOpen("-fx -runner -fxPath ""C:\Program Files\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe"" -fxProfile default",true)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:50 pm

And hum..., if you still don't get it to work, what you could "try", is to install some 2nd Instance of FF, but FF 'Portable' :!: , maybe not some "current"/"latest" FF Version, now at FF85 I think...?, as I "think", it only works with 'SI' v12.x, plus it requires iMacros for FF v10.0.2 AND the 'FIO'-Module for Local File Access, but rather FF Portable v55.0.3 (+ iMacros for FF v8.9.7 also), and maybe installed "first" to some "easy" Directory/Location that won't require any Spaces in the Path, like "C:\Temp\FF55\" for example..., until you get the Syntax to work, before trying to adapt it to PM28... :idea:

Then close/kill all FF and PM Instances when you run your Tests...

>>>

One mini-Tip, when you want to run different Versions of FF or PM at the same time, you always need to launch the 'Portable' Version FIRST before being able to launch the 'Standard' Version (installed in '\Program Files (x86)\' or '\Program Files\', depending if you installed the '_x32' or '_64' Version...) :!:

The "other way around" doesn't work, if you try to launch first the 'Standard' Version, and then after, the 'Portable' Version, you will get some Error that FF or PM is "already running"... (well, at least in Win10, but I "suspect" you will get the same Behaviour in Win8.1). :(
And if both Versions are both 'Portable', then you can choose the Order that you want...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
techimac

Post by techimac » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:00 pm

iret = iim1.iimOpen("-fx -fxPath ""C:\Program Files\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe""", False, 1)
added timeout

it opened palemoon but returned number -9
should return 1
further macros were not run

ret = iim1.iimOpen("-fx -runner -fxPath ""C:\Program Files\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe""", True, 1)
says profile needed with runner

I dont have experience with "runner"

iret = iim1.iimOpen("-fx -runner -fxPath ""C:\Program Files\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe"" -fxProfile default", True, 1)
returned number -6
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:09 pm

techimac wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:00 pm

iret = iim1.iimOpen("-fx -fxPath ""C:\Program Files\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe""", False, 1)
added timeout

should return 1

ret = iim1.iimOpen("-fx -runner -fxPath ""C:\Program Files\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe""", True, 1)
says profile needed with runner

I dont have experience with "runner"

iret = iim1.iimOpen("-fx -runner -fxPath ""C:\Program Files\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe"" -fxProfile default", True, 1)
returned number -6

Ah...!, OK, that's some "Improvement" already... :D

Then OK, I let you test and try further, until you get it to work "completely"..., but hum..., try to be "a little bit clever"..., => "1" (= 1 Sec) is a bit of a "stupid" Value to use for the 'timeout' Param, I would think, ah-ah...! :idea: :shock:
Last edited by chivracq on Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
techimac

Post by techimac » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:20 pm

I used 1 as timeout because I wanted to see quickly if it executes macros

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/378 ... pi-error-9

I will try this
techimac

Post by techimac » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:30 pm

32 bit
iret = iim1.iimOpen("-fx -fxPath -fxProfile default ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe""", False, 1)

returned -1
techimac

Post by techimac » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:34 pm

-fxProfile default not working

iret = iim1.iimOpen("-fx -fxPath ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe""", False, 1)
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:49 pm

techimac wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:30 pm
32 bit

iret = iim1.iimOpen("-fx -fxPath -fxProfile default ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe""", False, 1)
returned -1
techimac wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:34 pm
-fxProfile default not working

iret = iim1.iimOpen("-fx -fxPath ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe""", False, 1)

Yep, sure "-fxProfile default not working" if you squeeze it randomly in the middle of another Switch, ah-ah...! :lol:
techimac

Post by techimac » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:56 pm

iret = iim1.iimOpen("-FX -fxPath ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe"" -fxProfile default", False, 1)

palemoon not opening
returned error -9
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:55 am

chivracq wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:11 pm

=> Try this one:

iret = iim1.iimOpen("-fx -fxPath ""C:\Program Files\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe""")
This is the correct syntax. -runner is not necessary for this scenario (iimRunner should only be used when your script is running under one user account but you want to launch the browser in a different user account).

techimac wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:00 pm
added timeout

should return 1
As chivracq pointed out, a 1-second timeout is way too short. And as I mentioned in the other thread related to this topic that chivracq referenced earlier [and has now been merged with this thread], even if the browser is successfully launched, it still may not work because this is an unsupported configuration.
Last edited by Tom, Tech Support on Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged threads
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
azbob

Re: how to use iimopen with pale moon?

Post by azbob » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:27 pm

A little delayed but I finally got back to this and tried Tom's suggestions and it works. In VBS:
iret = iim1.iimOpen ("-fxPath ""C:\Program Files\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe""")
Cheers
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:33 am

azbob wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:27 pm
A little delayed but I finally got back to this and tried Tom's suggestions and it works. In VBS:

Cheers

Oh...!?, very good, "finally" proving me wrong on "The User didn't follow up anymore in that Thread...": :wink:
chivracq wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:57 am
- how to use iimopen with pale moon?
... And specifically the Reply from @TechSup about the '-fxPath' Switch for 'iimOpen()'...

The User didn't follow up anymore in that Thread, I hope you'll "do a better job" and will post some mini-Update with some mini working Script (in your Thread at least, but you can post in both if you want...) to "confirm" that @Tom's Solution works...? :idea:

"The User" = @azbob // "You" = @techimac who had opened a very similar Thread at about the same time..., and both Threads indeed got merged together by @TechSup at some point, like I had suggested...

>>>

=> Then OK, Thanks @azbob for still posting this Update, 1 year later, the "other User" never really confirmed it was working, so your late Update is still useful...! :D

Last Quote (of mine in this Post) contains a direct Link to @TechSup's Post about the '-fxPath' Switch Sugg by Tom... (on Page_1 of this Thread actually, but Users finding this Thread through the Search Func should read the whole Thread and all Posts anyway...). :idea:

>>>

And @azbob, just a "mini-Remark":
I had noticed you checking the Forum "quite a few times" in the last weeks, and I was actually "kind of waiting" for your next Qt/Thread, ah-ah...! :P , and I would have first sent you back to this current Thread, asking to (first) follow up on this one and finish is it "a bit correctly", before I would have answered any "later" Thread/Qt of yours... (+ Usually asking for Users to bump their Thread [1 year] later if no Response, [= the time] you took for the Follow-up in this one...) :idea:
=> So, OK..., well done...!, all your "Negative Credit" has been reset to 0, => waiting for your next Thread now, ah-ah...! :wink: :P
(Even if you actually belong to the "small Club" of "Advanced Users", I would think/expect..., at least from your Registration Date on the Forum (2009), and Quality of your Posts... (I only joined in 2013 myself, + Mod in 2015...))
techimac

Post by techimac » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:44 pm

azbob wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:27 pm
Cheers
not in VBA?
techimac

Post by techimac » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:51 pm

chivracq wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:33 am
=> Then OK, Thanks @azbob for still posting this Update, 1 year later, the "other User" never really confirmed it was working, so your late Update is still useful...! :D
I didnt read the reply and quit trying as well.