run imacros chrome extension from external script

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
vardipoor.m

run imacros chrome extension from external script

Post by vardipoor.m » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:38 pm

Hi
I use imacros chrome extension v10.1 and Windows 10 pro x64

We all know that macros can not be run from an external script, within Chrome and other browsers (the trial version).
The question is, what are the ways to run a macro inside a Chrome browser from an external script that can be used to a minimum (statements and loops)?
I read somewhere that can call a macro inside an HTML file and use JavaScript commands to control the macro. Is it possible?
Last edited by vardipoor.m on Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:31 am, edited 9 times in total.
Thanks to the clever and clean administrator of this forum
chivracq

Re: run imacro chrome extention in free version from external exript

Post by chivracq » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:45 am

vardipoor.m wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:38 pm
Hi
I use imacros 12.6 free version and Windows 10 pro x64

We all know that macros can not be run from an external script, within Chrome and other browsers.(the free version)
The question is, what are the ways to run a macro inside a Chrome browser from an external script that can be used to a minimum (statements and loops)?
I read somewhere that can call a macro inside an HTML file and use JavaScript commands to control the macro. Is it possible?

I don't understand "exript" in your Thread Title... :?
Can you explain...?, or correct the Spelling...?

>

+ Your FCI is "unclear", there is no "imacros 12.6 free version", especially in connection with CR that you mention further up, => care to check again...?
You mention "imacro chrome extention in free version" in your Thread Title but your FCI doesn't mention anything at all about iMacros for CR...!? :?

>

"We all know that macros can not be run from an external script, within Chrome and other browsers.(the free version)"
Hum, care to post a Link from where you got that Info...?, or don't include me in the "we (all know)", ah-ah...! :?
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
vardipoor.m

Re: run imacro chrome extention in trial version from external script

Post by vardipoor.m » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:48 am

The question was corrected
vardipoor.m

Post by vardipoor.m » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:56 am

Hum, care to post a Link from where you got that Info...?, or don't include me in the "we (all know)", ah-ah...! :?
And does this mean that in the trail version it is possible to connect to Chrome through an external script?(iim.iimopen("-cr"))
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:15 am

vardipoor.m wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:48 am
The question was corrected

Hum, OK...:
I use

Code: Select all

imacros for chrome (trial) and Windows 10 pro x64
... but again "imacros for chrome (trial)" does not exist either, sorry...!
Simply mention your FCI with all exact Versions, I don't do any "Thinking" otherwise... :roll:

>>>
vardipoor.m wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:56 am
And does this mean that in the trail version it is possible to connect to Chrome through an external script?(iim.iimopen("-cr"))

Like I mentioned, I don't do any "Thinking" until the FCI of a Qt/Thread is "clear" to me... :|
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
vardipoor.m

Post by vardipoor.m » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:23 am

Is it good?
Tom, Tech Support

Re: run imacro chrome extention from external script

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:20 pm

vardipoor.m wrote:
We all know that macros can not be run from an external script, within Chrome and other browsers (the trial version).
That is correct. If you want to script iMacros for Chrome or Firefox, you need at least an evaluation license for the Enterprise edition and must also install the File Access module for iMacros Extensions.

vardipoor.m wrote:
Have you searched the iMacros wiki? Specifically, have you reviewed the WebExtensions page and particularly the Command Line Support section?
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
vardipoor.m

Re: run imacros chrome extension from external script

Post by vardipoor.m » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:50 am

thanks