Need to combine script and manual input - Where is Continue

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
dgrossman2

Need to combine script and manual input - Where is Continue

Post by dgrossman2 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:52 pm

There's a particular site that allows me to login manually, but when I replay the stored macro (either via a script or via iMacros Browser play), the login fails. I've looked at the html and javascript of the login page, and it seems very simple, so I don't know why the macro fails.

To code around the problem, I want to login manually (which will work) and then continue the session with a script. Looking though the 38 iMacros commands, it seems to me that the way to do this would be to have a script that does a URL GOTO to the login page and then does a PAUSE, so I can do the login step manually. At this point, I need to continue.

How do I continue?????!

In the User Manual it says about PAUSE:
"Same as a manual click of the "Pause" button:
Stops the execution of the macro. Waits for user
to click "Continue" to continue."

The command is useful if the macro should wait
for manual user input or for debugging.

This sounds exactly like what I need. However, it implies that there is a "Continue" button, but I don't see it.

So, a simple question: Where is the "Continue" button?
Dave Grossman
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:39 pm

Once the iMacros hits the PAUSE command then the PAUSE button on the Play tab changes to a CONTINUE button ;)

I updated the text in the Wiki: http://wiki.imacros.net/PAUSE

With regards to the problems with the login. Can you please post the URL of the web page and/or the macro that creates the problem? This would allow us to quickly re-create the issue on our test systems.
dgrossman2

Post by dgrossman2 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:59 am

This is the macro that runs into difficulty. Unfortunately, for security reasons I cannot give you the correct number to use for the CONTENT below, so you will not have any way to test this. But perhaps you can find some quirk on the web page that explains why the server responds that there has been an "Authentication" problem.

URL GOTO=http://remote.baruch.cuny.edu/login
TAB T=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:remote ATTR=ID:libid
CONTENT=21716999999999
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=NAME:remote
ATTR=VALUE:Connect

Note, that I also tried inserting a WAIT before the first TAG, but that had no effect. Instead, I was forced to do this:

URL GOTO=http://remote.baruch.cuny.edu/login
TAB T=1
PAUSE

and then do the remaining operations manually. In this case, it works 100% of the time.

- Dr. Dave
Dave Grossman