How do I... run firefox scripts sequentially via batchfile?

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
gimber_sj

How do I... run firefox scripts sequentially via batchfile?

Post by gimber_sj » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:49 pm

Hi,

This issue is a double-pronged one.

Firstly, I have a library of scripts that I wrote in Firefox.
These don't run in the iMacros browser, so they have to be executed in Firefox natively (not a problem).
Is there any way of making these scripts work from within the iMacros browser?

Secondly... I tried to automate the running of these Firefox scripts using a batch file.
However, this just runs all 40 scripts simultaneously without actually waiting.

Is there a way to run sequential batch file firefox scripts without having to employ "pause" commands etc?

Cheers

John.
Tech Support

Re: How do I... run firefox scripts sequentially via batchfile?

Post by Tech Support » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:04 pm

John, do you have the Scripting Edition? Then you can start Firefox via the Scripting Interface with iimInit ("-fx") and run the macro with iimPlay. Please see http://wiki.imacros.net/connect-to-fx.vbs