Runtime error '10':this array is fixed or temporarily locked

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
kaylag

Runtime error '10':this array is fixed or temporarily locked

Post by kaylag » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:56 am

I am using Visual Basic in order to get information from Excel and pass it into my Macros.

In one particular script it comes up with the error: 'This array is fixed or temporarily locked', although the macros pulls out other information from the same spreadsheet. The script is definately not wrong as when i change the information so that it doesn't pull from the spreadsheet, it runs through fine.

The VBA script i am using is as follows:

iret = iim1.iimSet("-var_DIAGNOSIS", rs.fields("DIAGNOSIS"))
iret = iim1.iimSet("-var_PAGE1", cstr(rs.fields("PAGE1")))
iret = iim1.iimSet("-var_PAGE2", cstr(rs.fields("PAGE2")))
iret = iim1.iimSet("-var_POSITION2", cstr(rs.fields("POSITION2")))
iret = iim1.iimSet("-var_POSITION3", cstr(rs.fields("POSITION3")))
(after declaring the variables further up)
The 'diagnosis' runs fine from the spreadsheet.
The fault is first found at 'page1'. This is simply a number in the spreadsheet that is used to select what page it is, the cstr is used so that it does not just try to use the number at integer value. This technique is used in some of my other scripts with no errors.

Are there any suggestions as to why my script will not run?

Thanks
Hannes, Tech Support

Re: Runtime error '10':this array is fixed or temporarily locked

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:42 am

The error stems from the VBS DB connection and is hardly connected to the iMacros Scripting Interface.

If you don't use iimSet(), but some other, not iMacros related command (msgbox or the like) with the same rs.fields() values: does the error occur as well?