Variable {{xxx}} not defined

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
danhinz

Variable {{xxx}} not defined

Post by danhinz » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:29 am

I have a macro being called by VBS.
#1 logs on to a secure website. VBS execution is paused as there are some data selections that are done manually (Works)
#2 submits data. Was working. now get this error message in the browser:
"Variable {{city}} not defined. It is not an internal variable and no external datasource was defined.
(Error code: -316)"
I've changed the macro to skip different variables and it doesn't matter, first variable encountered generates the above message with that variable's name in the braces. I've written my VBS like this:

Code: Select all

iret = iim1.iimSet("-var_CITY", Cells(CurRow, DynAr2(2)).Value)
aa2 =                           Cells(CurRow, DynAr2(2)).Value           'City
so that I can see in the VBS debugger what value was sent to iMacros. I see the correct value in the VBS debugger for all "aa" variables.

This macro was written & working with 6.60; I upgraded to 6.80 build 130
I am using WinXP Build 2600 SP3

Questions:
1. Can I re-install 6.6 "on top" of 6.8? (Do I need to uninstall 6.8 first?)
2. is there a way to see what is in each of the iimSet variable either in iMacros or in VBS (VBS would be preferred so everything would be in one screen)

Thanks for any help
Dan
Hannes, Tech Support

Re: Variable {{xxx}} not defined

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:13 am

Thanks for reporting!
If that were a regression from 6.6 to 6.80, our developers would be eager to know about.

Could you please test {{CITY}} (capitalized as in the iimSet() command) in you macro?
danhinz

Post by danhinz » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:21 pm

Capitalization has no effect.
First noticed the error with a variable defined "-var_st_ADR" I tried changing the capitalization to all caps, all lower, even removing the "_" regardless of how the variable was capitalized the error message always said {{st_adr}} or {{stadr}} regardless of how it was capitalized in iM or VBS. (I changed both iimSet and VBS at the same time)

Update just ran a different macro that has been running daily for over two weeks and I get this error:
Error: POS Parameter not numeric: POS= (Error code: -329)

I had this error on this macro when I was first building it until I fixed something in the VBS code. I need to remember what it was I changed.

Thanks, Dan
danhinz

Post by danhinz » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:38 pm

Reloaded 6.60

All Problems have gone away. both -316 & -329 errors
Hannes, Tech Support

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:41 pm

Thanks again!
I have raised an internal ticket (#io124) on this issue.
danhinz

Post by danhinz » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:39 pm

Thanks, let me know if they figure anything out.