Recognition of Menus and Google Web Toolkit

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
jkendall93

Recognition of Menus and Google Web Toolkit

Post by jkendall93 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:06 pm

I'm having a problem with iMacros 6.85 recognizing various menus within our application. I have seen this problem with other automated tools before. I believe the issue is originating from the application's use of Google Web Toolkit (we're using version 1.5). For some reason, a plethora of automated tools are not able to capture these menus appropriately during the scripting process. iMacros is able to see the menu options and capture the associated GWTID, but if the tool can't capture the appropriate menu, the menu option and associated GWTID will never be revealed. Have you seen this problem before and is there a resolution?
Hannes, Tech Support

Re: Recognition of Menus and Google Web Toolkit

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:02 am

Thanks for reporting!
Our developers are always eager to have new test cases to improve the iMacros software.

Is there a URL we can use to recreate the issues you have?
Did you try using DirectScreen?
jkendall93

Post by jkendall93 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:36 pm

Unfortunately, the URL is internal and can't be exposed to the internet. We can set-up a Go-To-Meeting session if one of the developers would like to see the problem. I am utilizing the Direct Screen Technology option at this point. It appears to be working for the most part, but I have seen some instances where the scripts fails intermittently. It just looks like the cursor is being moved to the wrong location during the script execution and misses the chance to select certain options within the page. I've seen this type of behavior with WinRunner before. If you don't have the appropriate coordinates within your script for a particular option or dialog box, it will just skip or by-pass that portion of the script. Do you think this is the same type of problem I may be having with iMacros?
Hannes, Tech Support

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:28 am

If an element moves, using the image recognition features, i.e. IMAGESEARCH, IMAGECLICK might well be an option.

Please raise a support ticket to arrage any screen sharing.