Can i have conditional Status in the Script?

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
vivek

Can i have conditional Status in the Script?

Post by vivek » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:10 am

Dear Experts/Admin,

I saw your product today and i have downloaded the free version and now iam already thinking about upgrading to a paid version. Such a powerful tool this is.

Its user friendly and has got many facilities.So now coming to the reason why i posted this..

I am trying to perform a Conditional testing (ie) when a particular page loads i need the macro to check if a particular Text (in the form of a link) is present . if its present it should click the link and then follow a series of step and

when its unavailable i should make it perform a regular log out. Is this possible ?

Regards,
Vivek
Hannes, Tech Support

Re: Can i have conditional Status in the Script?

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:48 am

The macros themselves do not support conditionals. But as you can control the macros via the Scripting Interface, you can create conditionals as well as e.g. all kinds of complex loops in the script that then calls the macros. Cf. FAQ: Conditionals