Change Request - Don't close browser till downloads complete

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Nik

Change Request - Don't close browser till downloads complete

Post by Nik » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:54 pm

The iMacros browser will sometimes close itself or timeout BEFORE a download has finished! This is especially easy to re-create if you use WINCLICKs to click a button that will download something. WINCLICK does NOT care if the browser is loading something or if the downloads are incomplete and the iMacros browser will close instantly if the WINCLICK is the last thing in the script.

Please note that iMacros browsers will only close automatically when called from a commandline.
mknoll1

Post by mknoll1 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:30 pm

WAIT SECONDS= Is you friend here. Pick a reasonable amount of time to wait and you shoudl be fine. I think there is also a WAIT SECONDS=DOWNLOAD but I have never used it. You may want to spend a bit more time with the manual.
Nik

Post by Nik » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:17 pm

I know about using WAIT SECONDS here but its not an acceptable workaround. They have to have something better than that in the future. This is more of a feature request.

What if my downloads varry from 1 hour to 10 seconds?
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:29 am

I confirmed the issue, we will improve this ASAP. Please note that iMacros for Firefox already works as expected => The macro does not proceed until the download is complete.