Tab support

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Hatdude

Tab support

Post by Hatdude » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:49 pm

I see that there are several posts regarding TAB support in Firefox iMacros and that the current verdict is that tab support is being worked on.

Do we have any idea how soon tab support will be implemented? I would think that this would be a high priority since Firefox has been a tabbed browser for a long, long time. iMacros seems to be lagging behind pretty bad in this area.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:27 am

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. TAB support is available now!

Please download the latest version of iMacros for Firefox at http://www.iopus.com/download/imacros-firefox

To test the TAB support, you can run the included "Demo-Tabs" macro.
Hatdude

Post by Hatdude » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:18 pm

That Demo-Tabs macro does not appear to actually be opening new tabs. The tabs that are opened are popups that are coded into the webpage that's being loaded.

How would one open up a new tab using this plugin? TAB OPEN does not seem to function correctly, or do anything at all on my computer at least.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:16 pm

The command to open new tabs is TAB OPEN NEW.

The TAB OPEN NEW command is not (yet) automatically inserted when you select FILE > NEW TAB from the Firefox menu. You need to add the command manually to the macro.

The following example macro opens three tabs in Firefox and loads a new web page in each tab.

Code: Select all

TAB T=1     
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS 
URL GOTO=http://www.iopus.com
TAB OPEN NEW    
TAB T=2
URL GOTO=http://forum.imacros.net
TAB OPEN NEW    
TAB T=3
URL GOTO=http://support.iopus.com
Note: After you open a new tab with TAB OPEN NEW, use TAB T=<x> to select the new tab.

This macro is kind of like the "Bookmark All Tabs", "Add Tab Group" or "Super Bookmark" functions that you see in some tabbed browsers. Except that iMacros gives you much more control over the whole process :wink:
Micht

Post by Micht » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:31 pm

Hi guyz

I'm just starting to use iMacro for Firefox and it sounds awesome :D

But I've some issues with the tabs.
For ex, when I use TAB OPEN NEW, I need to know how many tabs I have to be able to do a TAB T=1.

So my question is :
Is there a way to know the tab number of the newly created tab?
Or is it possible to select the last tab ?

thanks for your replies
++
Micht
Hatdude

Post by Hatdude » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:31 pm

TAB OPEN NEW seems to work! Thanks for the help.

I'm not sure if there's a way to count the number of open tabs. I've always just started at 1 and opened tabs as necessary so I've always known how many should be open. It sounds like whatever you're trying to do is a bit more dynamic.
who_me??

Post by who_me?? » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:58 pm

I had same problem but afer deleting old files it works now!

But i have now other problem! All works perfect until i want to open new window! And that happen only when imacros is enable! FF gives me error about this file iimconnector.dll!

So my question is, where i can find that file, and how i can fix that!

Thnks

EDIT: I found problem!

For others who have same problem!

Problem was that i had instaled Imacros trial version program and also addon for FF! After update for FF those two started arguing each other, so i unistaled Program imacros trial version, and now it works for FF!
aseiden

run macro in new tab

Post by aseiden » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:42 am

iMacros is great. For Firefox, I'd love it if, after opening a new tab, the macro could continue running in that tab. I don't know the tab number in advance. Thanks!
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:09 pm

I don't know the tab number in advance.
Can I ask why? Normally the tab number is stored during recording and does not change.

Can you send me the URL of the web page and/or the macro that creates the problem? This would allow me to quickly re-create the issue on our test systems.

You can post the information in this thread or email it directly to support1 AT iopus.com
aseiden

Post by aseiden » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:13 pm

It's when I already have several tabs open. By default, the macro closes all other tabs and starts at TAB=1.

If I already have three tabs open, I want the macro to start with TAB=4. If nine tabs already open, the macro should start with TAB=10. The situation can vary.

Did I explain it clearly?

Thanks,
Alan
insomoz

Post by insomoz » Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:24 am

aseiden wrote:It's when I already have several tabs open. By default, the macro closes all other tabs and starts at TAB=1.

If I already have three tabs open, I want the macro to start with TAB=4. If nine tabs already open, the macro should start with TAB=10. The situation can vary.

Did I explain it clearly?

Thanks,
Alan
I'm after a similar solution, is it possible to make the new tab open up as a !var and then open the new !var tab?
insomoz

Post by insomoz » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:07 pm

any news regarding this?
insomoz

Post by insomoz » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:26 am

Just wondering if I've missed out on any patches for this , since the upgrades?
agentsmith

Post by agentsmith » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:46 pm

good to read the post, i ve been trying open new tab for 2 hours, great tool!
addiktion

Post by addiktion » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:52 am

Haven't heard anything new on this issue.

It would be nice to have a function that searches through tabs to find an element. If nothing is found in all the tab searches it defaults back to the first tab and pops up an error message or if you have !ERRORIGNORE YES enabled continues executing the code.

This would be a little more dynamic in its function and may be out of the scope of just the regular Firefox add on though, hence the reason they've built the scripting edition.