Run a script ever x number of hours

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Yombo

Run a script ever x number of hours

Post by Yombo » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:25 am

What I'd liked to do is go to a page, every say 2 hours, and do some things on the web page. But I need it to do this continuously for as long as the computer is on.

I've also noticed, that if I'm running a script, if I mess around in another browser window, it tends to time out and stop in the middle of the script. Is there a way to start the script from where it left off? Really what I'd like is the script that runs every 2 hours or whatever.
Yombo

Re: Run a script ever x number of hours

Post by Yombo » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:12 am

No one knows?
kooks

Post by kooks » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:37 pm

http://wiki.imacros.net/WAIT

WAIT SECONDS=(7200)
kooks

Post by kooks » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:39 pm

Ehh, opps.
Yombo

Post by Yombo » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:47 pm

Then I'd need to use some sort of loop right? I'm new at this and can't do anything more than have it clicking on links someplace. Because basically I want it to keep going to a web page and doing stuff every 2 hours for as long as my browser is open.
Yombo

Post by Yombo » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:42 pm

Is there a loop infinite ability or do i just put a really high number?
juzamjedi

Post by juzamjedi » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:29 am

Hello Yombo,

I just found iMacro today (literally) so others can pitch in here. But as a semi-skilled scripter it seems like an infinite loop would be extremely resource intensive and probably not the best way to accomplish your goal.

I think a better alternative for your goal is scheduled tasks with Firefox. You can leverage the scheduled task manager to open Firefox every X hours every day, etc. and then have it execute Firefox from the command line. If the URL for your iMacro is too long then you could create a tinyurl and reference this tinyurl in your scheduled task.