iMacros can't open bookmark

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Will Pittenger

iMacros can't open bookmark

Post by Will Pittenger » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:40 pm

I was attempting to create an iMacro that changed my iGoogle tab and then opened a series of bookmarks. The first item was all that was completed. It would appear that during the record phase, iMacros saw the new tabs from bookmarks as just a tab switch.

BTW: Identifying tabs with the tab index is a lousy way to find a tab. You are better off using some AI that examines the tab title and URL.
Will Pittenger
Tech Support

Re: iMacros can't open bookmark

Post by Tech Support » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:37 pm

Hello Will,

Sorry, I am not sure what you mean with "changed my iGoogle tab and then opened a series of bookmarks.". Can you please describe the task that you want to automate in some more detail (maybe attach some screenshots)?
BTW: Identifying tabs with the tab index is a lousy way to find a tab. You are better off using some AI that examines the tab title and URL.
In our experience a opened tab is always very predictable, that is why the simple tab index method works well. Of course, we are always open for suggestions if iMacros can not automate the task that you have in mind :)
juzamjedi

Post by juzamjedi » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:40 am

Hello Will,

As one newbie to another here's my two cents.

Create separate macros that do each step (1 for changing the iGoogle tab and 1 for opening a bookmark in a new tab).

Then, create a 3rd macro that brings these together. This 3rd macro would call macro#1 for changing the iGoogle tab and then contain a Do / While loop that would open bookmarks in sequential tabs.
Will Pittenger

Post by Will Pittenger » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:18 am

Tech Support wrote:Sorry, I am not sure what you mean with "changed my iGoogle tab and then opened a series of bookmarks.". Can you please describe the task that you want to automate in some more detail (maybe attach some screenshots)?
I don't know how a screenshot would show that. By iGoogle tab, I was talking about how an iGoogle page can have a series of tabs. When you click a tab, you get a page with different contents, but the same URL. I then went up to the bookmarks bar and opened four bookmarks. iMacros didn't know I opened the bookmarks. Incidentally, Firefox, thanks to TabMix+ opens bookmarks in a new tab.
Tech Support wrote:In our experience a opened tab is always very predictable, that is why the simple tab index method works well. Of course, we are always open for suggestions if iMacros can not automate the task that you have in mind :)
Will Pittenger wrote:BTW: Identifying tabs with the tab index is a lousy way to find a tab. You are better off using some AI that examines the tab title and URL.
Not if you are attempting to find my iGoogle page. While that is normally Tab 0 (assuming 0 is the first tab), that is far from assured.
Will Pittenger