Automation stopping on URL

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
aschwem

Automation stopping on URL

Post by aschwem » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:07 pm

For my uses the following is happening:

ONCERTIFICATEDIALOG C=1
ONSECURITYDIALOG BUTTON=YES CONTINUE=YES
URL GOTO=https://somewebsite.com
WAIT SECONDS=2.01
DS CMD=KEY X=0 Y=0 CONTENT=mypassword

When it opens the URL, not only does it not select a certificate, but it seems to report a security dialog moment, either way when it gets to the url stage I can't issues commands to move forward.

It looks like it moves to the URL section of the code, then pauses while i get the certificate dialog box and then after that a separate password field, then it finishes loading the URL - after which the automation then continues.

What i need to do is select a certificate and then enter a password before the full URL is loaded.

Thanks and I love the product! Please help!

-Adam

EDIT: Also- this is such a concern for me, that if you can even recommend an older version of your product or of internet explorer that will function correctly I would greatly appreciate it, this will make the difference between us purchasing the product or attempting to find another solution for my company.
jackmacokc

Re: Automation stopping on URL

Post by jackmacokc » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:35 pm

you might try moving the URL= portion of code to the top of your code.
kdfleger

Re: Automation stopping on URL

Post by kdfleger » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:08 pm

I am having the exact same problem too with ONSECURITYDIALOG. I tried moving the URL line on top of the code, plus moving all the other lines in every combination, without any luck.
I have opened a ticket up with iOpus support but have not heard anything yet. From reading the discussion boards, the ONSECURITYDIALOG has been a problem for years.
Has anyone had any luck with this command?