ONDOWNLOAD command not working properly

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
vasyapupkin0

ONDOWNLOAD command not working properly

Post by vasyapupkin0 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:04 am

Issue:
Part 1:
Upon running the following script (for example)

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=200006 
TAB T=1     
URL GOTO=http://rapidshare.com/files/89385229/Rage_Plac.part3.rar
CLICK X=377 Y=580
WAIT SECONDS=57
ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=* FILE=*
CLICK X=528 Y=466
WAIT SECONDS=3
URL GOTO=http://rapidshare.com/files/89391891/Rage_Plac.part4.rar
which, as you may notice is only a slightly modified version of the Demo-Download.im, everything works properly until the line ONDOWNLOAD is reached. Then, the download button is clicked (so far so good), the "save as" window pops up (that's also correct), and then.... the macro goes on to execute the next line, while the "save as" window just hangs open. The "save" button is never clicked, the file doesn't get to be downloaded...
Part 2:
I have, naturally, tried to re-record the macro. And the weirdest thing happens: when I click the download button and follow the steps to save the file and the download starts and completes -- the macro script has no "ONDOWNLOAD" line at all! And, of course, when I run the newly re-recorded script it doesn't download because there is no "ONDOWNLOAD" command line.
Part 3:
The included Demo-Download.im works perfectly fine. :shock:
Part 4:
The original code, part of which i cited in the beginning, is much longer but redundant and has worked for about a week before today perfectly fine. :?

I am using:
Win XP Pro SP3 with all updates
I am not using IE at all
Firefox 3.0.1
iMacros add-on for firefox 6.0.7.2
I have downgraded to imacros 6.0.6.9 and the result is absolutely the same -- same problem, so I re-upgraded to 6.0.7.2 again -- problem persists.

PLEASE HELP! THIS IS TOO WEIRD!!!
Tech Support

Re: ONDOWNLOAD command not working properly

Post by Tech Support » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:43 pm

I tested your macro and it works fine for me. => Can you please test on a new PC or maybe a fresh user account?
vasyapupkin0

Post by vasyapupkin0 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:21 pm

Yes, it works right (there is no reason it shouldn't). I have tested it on another machine (identical OS and browser) and it does work. However, that does not explain what is the problem... Something in the settings... But the settings of what? The Windows?, the firefox?, the IE?....
But even with the above troubleshooting steps, the weirdest thing is that on the machine with the issue why does the Demo download macro work?! It shouldn't logically.
Please, pretty please, with sugar on top, HELP!!! I need this to be running on the original machine where the issue is occurring.
juzamjedi

Post by juzamjedi » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:07 pm

Hello,

I have also encountered this problem. For me the answer was to use a full path with all lower case letters to show the full path of the folder. I also use the SAVEITEM command after the CLICK or TAG command. Hopefully this works for you.
vasyapupkin0

Post by vasyapupkin0 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:11 am

juzamjedi, Thank you for your help. I saw your post after... well:
I have actually just solved the issue another way: I have uninstalled Firefox, rebooted, re-installed firefox, and all add-ons -- and, voila, it now functions properly. :shock:
Buggy, buggy, buggy...
I'll be looking for another macro program -- this is not reliable at all.
cicon

Post by cicon » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:29 pm

Same problem: ONDOWNLOAD does not work and all downloads are being given the same filename. This wipes out the previous download which is not funny at all.

I am running Fedora 9, Firefox 3.0.1, and iMacros 6.0.7.2.

How long is this going to be broken?, debugging this was not what I had planned for today.

jim cicon