Random Bot Checker

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Peon25

Random Bot Checker

Post by Peon25 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:25 pm

I am not sure if it's possible to do, which is why I am asking this. I have used iMacros for a month or so now and it has been wonderful outside of the time-out problem (even when the page is fully loaded, and I can click on other pages, etc.... but, different issue).

Periodically, randomly, I am faced with a bot-checker. It wants me to enter in a 4-6 digit number, or the answer to a math equation (such as 6-2, or 8*3, into the box) -- would iMacros be able to handle a random bot checker like that, with a possible simple mathematical equation involved? Or, does iMacros have the ability to stop running altogether if faced with this, so as to not keep hitting pages with the bot checker on it until it's "solved".
Hello 71

Re: Random Bot Checker

Post by Hello 71 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:30 pm

#1: You can do this, but check the rules of the site you are using.
#2: What page are you trying to automate?
Peon25

Re: Random Bot Checker

Post by Peon25 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:13 pm

Right now there is a simple word verification on the login page. I have the username/password saved in Firefox so the script right now is just clicking on the login button.
But with the new text-based word verification, how is the easiest way of "reading" the text, coping it to the clipboard or to a variable, and then dropping it into the form box?