Help! imacro to press keys

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Superlvlan

Help! imacro to press keys

Post by Superlvlan » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:28 am

Hey i need help with imacro for firefox. Im not good at all with coding so i need help. I want imacro to press the "Tab" button then the "Enter" button. When i do recording it doesnt record it, so i want to somehow to write the code instead.
Thanks for help :D
Tech Support

Re: Help! imacro to press keys

Post by Tech Support » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:10 pm

Why do you need the TAB button? Maybe I can suggest a workaround.
Superlvlan

Post by Superlvlan » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:08 am

Tech Support wrote:Why do you need the TAB button? Maybe I can suggest a workaround.
Its for craigslist. I do a lot of posting and reposting and i use imacro to do the reposting. All goes well until the part before entering the captcha. Since all my post are different sizes i cannot make imacro select the "continue" button at the end. Its always in different position(X,Y Value). So i found out if i press the "Tab" button once it goes straight to the "continue" button. All i need now is to press enter and im done. And theres the problem imacro doesnt record it. If you know another way please tell me thanks.
Superlvlan

Post by Superlvlan » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:28 am

Anyone???
mknoll1

Post by mknoll1 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:58 pm

WIldcards and a Prompt Command are what you need. THis works for posting to the barter section of Washington DC but you can switch it up to your needs.

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=6221002     
TAB T=1     
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS     
URL GOTO=http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/bar/     
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:post   
TAB T=1         
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:barter        
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:maryland        
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:/wdc/S/bar/mld/x/* ATTR=ID:PostingTitle CONTENT=123 
TAG POS=2 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:/wdc/S/bar/mld/x/* ATTR=NAME:* CONTENT=1 
TAG POS=3 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:/wdc/S/bar/mld/x/* ATTR=NAME:* CONTENT=nowhere 
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=ACTION:/wdc/S/bar/mld/x/* ATTR=NAME:* CONTENT=somestuff 
TAG POS=4 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:/wdc/S/bar/mld/x/* ATTR=NAME:* CONTENT=support@cl.com 
TAG POS=5 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:/wdc/S/bar/mld/x/* ATTR=NAME:* CONTENT=support@cl.com 
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:/wdc/S/bar/mld/x/* ATTR=NAME:*       
PROMPT Please<SP>enter<SP>the<SP>CAPTCHA: !VAR1   
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:/wdc/S/bar/mld/x/* ATTR=ID:recaptcha_response_field CONTENT={{!VAR1}} 
Superlvlan

Post by Superlvlan » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:11 am

[quote="mknoll1"]WIldcards and a Prompt Command are what you need. THis works for posting to the barter section of Washington DC but you can switch it up to your needs.

Thanks for code, could use it later. But I dont have problem with this. My problem is when I want to repost my posts. I cannot click the "Continue" button which leads you to the Captcha. Reason I cannot click it is because each of my posts end up different sizes, therefore the "continue" button is always at different spots. One way I found out in order to click it is to press "tab" then "enter". Cant do that because it will not record it. Thanks for the help. :D
mknoll1

Post by mknoll1 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:50 pm

Superlvlan wrote:[ Reason I cannot click it is because each of my posts end up different sizes, therefore the "continue" button is always at different spots.
Positional clicks shoudl really only be used as a very last resort for this reason. Is there not some recording you can make other than a direct 2 screen command? In the script above there are 3 lines that all click continue:

I had to edit them a bit because of the way CL tries to prevent automation but Iopus is so robust it is able to handle their countermeasures.