Blogger Post Problem

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
msalperen

Blogger Post Problem

Post by msalperen » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:35 am

Hello, I've created this script to automatically post some information to my bloger pages. Everything seems correct till the level of inflating the content into the blogger form. It does not type the content "trial post" into the related form. I suppose that the problem maybe about the hidden form structture but I couldn't solve it. The macro code waits extremely
long time in this line:

URL GOTO=http://www.blogger.com/post-create.g?blogID=16266475

and finishes without filling the form in. Note: Extraction seems correct.

VERSION BUILD=5030127
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
SIZE X=1004 Y=723
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
URL GOTO=en.wikipedia.org
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:someattributionhere
TAG POS=1 TYPE=HTML ATTR=TXT:
EXTRACT POS=1 TYPE=HTM ATTR=<DIV<SP>id=bodyContent>*
TAB T=1
FRAME F=1
WAIT SECONDS=#DOWNLOADCOMPLETE#
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=NAME:stuffform ATTR=NAME:htmlPostBody CONTENT=trial<SP>post
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=NAME:stuffform ATTR=NAME:publishPost&&VALUE:Publish<SP>Post

Thank you
smaxor

Post by smaxor » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:59 am

a good way to test things is just put that line of code in a macro and see what happens. Is it loading the page?

Try running just

TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS

and see what happens. Also, you might try deleteing your cookies and then don't auto login and build those login lines to your script.

John
redbrad0

Post by redbrad0 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:23 am

I am having the exact same problem. My thought is there is some code running on bloggers back end that is keeping the page from thinking it has been loaded. did you ever figure this out? or is there a way you can make a page not wait for it to be loaded?
Khing38

Re:

Post by Khing38 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:18 pm

I'm also experiencing this problem. Where there is some code running on bloggers back end that is keeping the page from thinking it has been loaded. Is there a way you can make a page not waiting when it is loading?

Re: Blogger Post Problem

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:48 am

You may set !TIMEOUT to a value smaller than the default 60 seconds and additionally use !ERRORIGNORE in order to make the macro ignore the timeout.
satishbhawra37

Post by satishbhawra37 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:58 pm

I suppose that the problem maybe about the hidden form structture but I couldn't solve it. The macro code waits extremely
Hannes, Tech Support

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:44 am

How about the workaround mentioned above?

The following worked fine for me:

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=6600525     
TAB T=1     
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS     
URL GOTO=<MY BLOG'S URL>
SET !TIMEOUT 2
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:New<SP>Post   
SET !ERRORIGNORE NO
SET !TIMEOUT 60
Hannes, Tech Support