Do you have to reload object each pass?

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
greggb

Do you have to reload object each pass?

Post by greggb » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:48 pm

I am running a script using foxpro and trying to make it as fast and efficient as possible because, as you know, just having to go onto the web and gather something slows it down considerable, so any little thing to help it is better. I noticed there is a little "drag" on processing time when it has to load the object (iim1 = CREATEOBJECT("imacros"). Is it possible to just load it one time before I loop through each time, then close it at the very end? ...or does it have to be opened (then closed) each time....
Tech Support

Re: Do you have to reload object each pass?

Post by Tech Support » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:11 am

Is it possible to just load it one time before I loop through each time, then close it at the very end? ...or does it have to be opened (then closed) each time....
You can load it just once via iimInit and then start your loop. And after the loop is completed close iMacros with iimExit.

Only if you plan to create a script that runs for more than a few hours we recommend to close and re-open the browser "once a while" to free up memory. This is described in the "Run iMacros non-stop" FAQ.
JimHarris

Re: Do you have to reload object each pass?

Post by JimHarris » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:45 am

greggb wrote:I am running a script using foxpro and trying to make it as fast and efficient as possible because, as you know, just having to go onto the web and gather something slows it down considerable, so any little thing to help it is better. I noticed there is a little "drag" on processing time when it has to load the object (iim1 = CREATEOBJECT("imacros"). Is it possible to just load it one time before I loop through each time, then close it at the very end? ...or does it have to be opened (then closed) each time....
I saw your post -- (the only one actually using FoxPro) Tech support says that they are weak on FoxPro and before I purchase, I'd like to know if you are avaialble for consulting? short projects-- takeing a few hours.

My first problem is to connect to a VFP table, and post results.. Do you do that from inside imacros ?
Thank you, JimHarris@ProgressiveSecretary.Org