Cannot Click On Submit Button on Login Page

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
ChicoHash

Cannot Click On Submit Button on Login Page

Post by ChicoHash » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:18 pm

Maybe this is really simple, but I need some help figuring this out. I've used iMacros to record several web site login functions just fine, but I'm having some problems with one site.

I can fill out the user name and password just fine, but when I click on the "Log On" button, I keep getting a message in iMacros that says:

"Recorded command can not be found. please use a different clickmode for this element.
Do you want to add the command to the macro anyway (you can always edit it later.)?"

It won't let me click the log on button, but i can hit enter to get it to log in. but when I replay the script...it won't run the clicking or entering of the log on button so the page just hangs with the user id & password only.

Here is the submit button info from the web page:
<input name="Login.Submit" type="submit" value="Log On" onclick="javascript:LoginSubmit('Log In')">

And here is what is being written in the script by iMacros if I select the option to record the command anyway at the pop-up window:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=NAME:frm2 ATTR=NAME:Login.Submit

Thanks.
Tech Support

Re: Cannot Click On Submit Button on Login Page

Post by Tech Support » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:16 pm

Can you please post the URL of the web page and/or the macro that creates the problem? This would allow us to quickly re-create the issue on our test systems.
ChicoHash

Post by ChicoHash » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:48 pm

Tech Support wrote:Can you please post the URL of the web page and/or the macro that creates the problem? This would allow us to quickly re-create the issue on our test systems.
Well, it is a secure site for the State of NJ, but here is where the problem is:

1) Go to the NJ web page: http://www.state.nj.us/index.shtml

2) Click ‘login’ (in the blue ‘Home’ tab menu bar)

I enter the credentials just fine, but script does not execute the click the login button.

You should be able to use any credentials to test and if you manage to get the button to click, you'll get a message about invalid credentials since I'm not providing that here.

Appreciate the help.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:00 pm

I can automate the login by using the X/Y clickmode CLICK command instead of the TAG command that is created by default: CLICK X=388 Y=244

Code: Select all

URL GOTO=https://portal01.state.nj.us/http://portal20.sa.state.nj.us:8080/amserver/UI/Login?gw=portal01.state.nj.us&org=snj   
SET !ENCRYPTION NO  
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:frm1 ATTR=ID:IDToken1 CONTENT=test 
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:PASSWORD FORM=NAME:frm2 ATTR=ID:IDToken2 CONTENT=ttt
SIZE X=786 Y=790    
CLICK X=388 Y=244 CONTENT=Log<SP>On  
ChicoHash

Post by ChicoHash » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:25 pm

That did the trick! Thanks so much.
:D