What is VT_BSTR and how to disable it?

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
reiboul

What is VT_BSTR and how to disable it?

Post by reiboul » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:47 pm

Hi!

I'm using iMacro Scripting Edition with Java to automate a process of web-extraction, and I wondered why the default output keeps printing VT_BSTR (mane times) when my program ends... Is there any way of getting rid of it?
Hannes, Tech Support

Re: What is VT_BSTR and how to disable it?

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Fri May 09, 2008 9:44 am

Hello,

I can confirm this behaviour, but currently we are not able to tell where these extra lines come from.
If someone encounters the same issue with other programming/scripting languages, please post to this thread. This would help the developers tackle the issue.
DEiMacrosUser

Post by DEiMacrosUser » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:37 pm

Dear Support,

have you found any solution to disable that String 'VT_BSTR'?
I use IMacros Scripting Interface (Version 6.14) with Java and this output String is extreme annoying!

Best wishes,
Toby
srinivas

Post by srinivas » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:52 am

Hi,can any one tell me, while iam using the imacros in my java application, i got the output as VT_BSTR.
Hannes, Tech Support

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:14 pm

Can you tell what component throws this string? Is it the jawin package? Then it might be visible in the jawin sources.