"Follow Link If..."

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
jfj3rd

"Follow Link If..."

Post by jfj3rd » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:33 pm

Hello everyone,

spent some time looking through examples and then searching this forum and while I'm pretty sure this had to have been asked in the past, I am having trouble finding it.

I have a list of customers and each customer has various ticket titles but some are the same. For example:

John Jones LB1
Steve Smith LB1
David Moore LB1
John Jones Content Needed
etc.

I'm trying to get iMacros in Firefox to scroll down the list until it finds the first, "LB1" ticket and then click on the clients name to the left which will open that clients account.

So

if ticket title is "LB1" mouse click client name...

Any advice would be appreciated. In the meantime I'll be hear searching...
--

Warmest Wishes,

John F. Jones III
Daniel, Tech Support

Re: "Follow Link If..."

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:20 am

Hello,

I would need HTML source of these lines to give you a more precise advise. Meanwhile I would suggest that you look here:
Extract a table line by line
Extract parameter

Good luck!
Daniel, iOpus Support
jfj3rd

Post by jfj3rd » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:07 pm

Hi Daniel,

Let me first take a look at the two links you provided me. I'd like to at least give it a try before pasting example code but I do definitely appreciate the offer and might take you up on it if I can't learn something from where you pointed me.
--

Warmest Wishes,

John F. Jones III
Daniel, Tech Support

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Great, I hope you will figure it out fast!

Good luck!
Daniel, iOpus Support
jfj3rd

Post by jfj3rd » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:35 pm

Hello Daniel,

It occured to me while reading that first page you sent me that I can simply use:

TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:LB1

This itself would load the specific ticket page and from that I should be able to get to the clients full profile page. I'll be trying this step when I get into the office and then looking at the other steps.

Thank you for now, looks like I was trying to make a simple thing more complex than it needs to be.
--

Warmest Wishes,

John F. Jones III
Daniel, Tech Support

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:41 pm

I see :) Good luck with that and feel free to ask if something doesn't work!
Daniel, iOpus Support