Cannot record vox.com

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Ruriko

Cannot record vox.com

Post by Ruriko » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:18 am

I'm trying to record where I input stuff in the comment form and imacros seems to not record the content I input to the comment form but it just records it as FRAME F=3. Here's the site http://dyslexicgranolayolk.vox.com/libr ... mment-form . How can I make it input stuff into the comment form?
Daniel, Tech Support

Re: Cannot record vox.com

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:52 pm

Hello,

I think you will need to use DirectScreen on this rich-text editor. Note however, that this technology is only available on iMacros Browser and Internet Explorer plugin.

Best regards,
Daniel, iOpus Support
Ruriko

Post by Ruriko » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:17 am

Using DirectScreen won't do cause each vox page the text editor is positioned differently. Any other solution?
Daniel, Tech Support

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:51 pm

Ruriko wrote:Using DirectScreen won't do cause each vox page the text editor is positioned differently. Any other solution?
Hello,

Yes, it will, because absolute positioning isn't a requirment in DS. Here is an example:

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=6500125 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=http://dyslexicgranolayolk.vox.com/library/post/why-nirvana-matters-and-no-kids-today-care.html#comment-form
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=ID:comment-editor
DS CMD=LDOWN X={{!TAGX}} Y={{!TAGY}}
DS CMD=LUP X={{!TAGX}} Y={{!TAGY}}
DS CMD=KEY CONTENT=BLAH<SP>BLAH<SP>BLAH
Best regards,
Daniel
Daniel, iOpus Support
coolcocky

Post by coolcocky » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:50 pm

thanks, this helped me also