newbie script help

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
super_hiro

newbie script help

Post by super_hiro » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:12 pm

Hi,

First of all, thank you iOpus for making this powerful tool FREE for us to use AND the dedicated staff who leaves no question behind on this forum, thank you!

I just got my iMacros installed recently, and I'm trying to re-list my item to a particular auction site automatically.

The very first step, which is to press a "list an item", macros will only continue if I scroll down the page till that button is visible on my screen, and kind of hover my mouse on top of it. In the second page, there's another button that needs to be pressed and that also only works if I hover my mouse on top of the icon.

How do I fix this? Is it an issue with my firefox?
Daniel, Tech Support

Re: newbie script help

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:43 pm

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your warm words! We're glad that you like iMacros!! :)

The issue you described, it could be that there is somekind of an AJAX event taking place when you hover the cursor over the button and this AJAX event would then update site's HTML? Could you give us the URL, so that we could take a look at it?

Best regards,
Daniel, iOpus Support
super_hiro

Post by super_hiro » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:00 pm

Ahhh, yeap I think you're right.

When I hover my mouse on the link, the image changes (well technically it's only the color that changes but you get the deal).

So in this case, is there another way to overcome this method or do I have to record with X, Y position?

If so with X,Y, will it record how far down the page it is? Because I'll have to scroll down to find the "list an item" button.

About the site, it's in Japanese and you have to be a member to access the "list an item" button so it's not worth your time. :)
Daniel, Tech Support

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:39 pm

Hello,

Well, it would be hard to work with X,Y when you need to scroll. Please see this topic for some info on {{tagx/y}} relative positioning and this one: "How to use DirectScreen with web page elements below the fold"

This is the wiki article about our DirectScreen technology.

The problem with all these wonderful features is that they are only available with commercial versions of iMacros. With Firefox I guess your option would be to look at the html source, set iMacros to "go" (with TAG) to the control that triggers AJAX update, wait a second and then go to the new control that appeared after AJAX update. A little tip: if you do a SAVEAS after the AJAX update, you will get the HTML source of the updated page.

Best regards,
Daniel, iOpus Support
Daniel, Tech Support

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:41 pm

P.S. You will definitely figure it out much faster than I learn Japanese :) Good luck!
Daniel, iOpus Support
super_hiro

Post by super_hiro » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:38 pm

Daniel, iOpus wrote:Hello,

Well, it would be hard to work with X,Y when you need to scroll. Please see this topic for some info on {{tagx/y}} relative positioning and this one: "How to use DirectScreen with web page elements below the fold"

This is the wiki article about our DirectScreen technology.

The problem with all these wonderful features is that they are only available with commercial versions of iMacros. With Firefox I guess your option would be to look at the html source, set iMacros to "go" (with TAG) to the control that triggers AJAX update, wait a second and then go to the new control that appeared after AJAX update. A little tip: if you do a SAVEAS after the AJAX update, you will get the HTML source of the updated page.

Best regards,
Thank you for the help Daniel,

A great work-around I found was to have the iMacros point to the first image.

The page I was visiting using AJAX made the image unique when I hover my mouse over it. To resolve it, I made iMacros find an image when a mouse wasn't over. Does that make sense?

From then on the script worked like a charm!
Daniel, iOpus wrote:P.S. You will definitely figure it out much faster than I learn Japanese :) Good luck!
You were right, this program is amazing! Oh speaking of which, I was wondering if you can answer my new question... I was trying to PM you but I see there is no option for that in this forum. Thank you as always!
Daniel, Tech Support

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:20 pm

Hi,

Good job! I am really glad it worked out!! Have you already started a new topic with the other question?

Best regards,
Daniel, iOpus Support