problem at making macro

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
nobody008

problem at making macro

Post by nobody008 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:46 pm

hi :) im still new here and have a question^^ :
can u help me to make a special macro PLSSS
i need help to make a macro that goes exact 1800 seconds (half an hour) and restart then ...
i tried to do it with option "wait seconds" but there were some problems , besause of there were some commands before...
and it costs always different many seconds this commands are done ...
so if i stop time and at the first time it costs 100 seconds doing this commands and then write in macro wait seonds=1700 ( so it goes 1800 sec),
a second time my pc needs 140 seconds to do the same commands-.-
is there a way the macro goes exact 1800 seconds??

i tried this code too , but its simply dont work :( :

STOPWATCH ID=C

*here would be the other commands* [now i know that the reason my pc needs always different amount of time is... the pages i use in commands (with URL GOTO=http://www...) need always different much time to load so imacro wait the pages are loaded and wait to do next command]

if STOPWATCH ID=C ="1799" THEN WAIT SECONDS=1

...is there a way to implement this idea or make imacro ingore to wait pages are loaded and goes simply to the next page ?
.... or can i make a variabel or something like that so that macro start at 13:00;13:30;14:00;14:30;15:00 ... etc automatically?

PS: sry for my bad english , i just hope you understand what i mean
nobody008

Re: problem at making macro

Post by nobody008 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:28 am

...i have on more idea^^:
is it possible to make at the begining a "wait seconds=400 " and at the end "wait seconds=1400" but all other command between them go without waiting (only command wait seconds at the end must wait until the first is over )

:arrow: .. if ANYBODY knows how to make it then HELP , PLS
Daniel, Tech Support

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:12 pm

Hello,

For this level of precision I would recommend that you use some programming language together with iMacros, save the time when the macro started, start the macro wait whatever is required to make it 30 minutes and then restart again.

Best regards,
Daniel, iOpus Support
nobody008

Post by nobody008 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:04 pm

can u pls make a example how to do with 30 min?? ....PLS
nobody008

Post by nobody008 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:29 pm

or... is it maybe possible to make something like:
STOPWATCH ID=C

other commands

STOPWATCH ID=C
WAIT SECONDS=1800-STOPWATCH ID=C
Daniel, Tech Support

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:38 pm

Hello,

I think STOPWATCH won't help here because it stores information in a file and not as a variable that can be reused like you suggested.

Best regards,
Daniel, iOpus Support