SEO

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
nveeravalli

SEO

Post by nveeravalli » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:23 pm

Hi,

Can anyone explain me how Imacro helps out for SEO work. I am just an newbie to IMacro, i want to understand the powerful functionality of Imacro in SEO.

Thanks
Naveen

?
Daniel, Tech Support

Re: SEO

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:13 pm

Hello Naveen,

iMacros helps you to automate any work you do online. Please see this page for information on what iMacros can do.

Best regards,
Daniel, iOpus Support
HarryBurford

Post by HarryBurford » Fri May 07, 2010 1:25 pm

The facility to automatically submit forms using imacros is ideal for submitting information to web directories etc, which is an integral part of link building, which in turn is an essential part of SEO. You can also use it for extracting a host a data relating to keyword research etc using tools such as wordtracker.
Daniel, Tech Support

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Tue May 18, 2010 7:41 pm

Thanks a lot Harry!
Daniel, iOpus Support
seopremo

Post by seopremo » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:07 pm

nveeravalli wrote:Hi,

Can anyone explain me how Imacro helps out for SEO work. I am just an newbie to IMacro, i want to understand the powerful functionality of Imacro in SEO.

?
I use imacros all the time for SEO tasks, other tools I find quickly get blocked for scraping google (scrapebox for example) But I find with granular controls on random wait times you can effectively scrape data from google without getting captcha blocked.

Also, use it for competitor price analysis for ecommerce stores, scrape Amazon by ID or Barcode and compare prices.

The list is endless, If you are an SEO expert, then it is an indispensable tool.

I do own the pro licence (version 8) I do also use scrapebox and scrapy for mass data collection, but for detailed scraping without getting banned or using proxies then Imacros wins.

I found a great process the other day online, for google keyword ranking checking and automation. It was in Spanish so had to use google translate to read the tut, but if you craft your search terms correctly using operators you can find some gems (off forum)

cheers, lee

Contact me for a link to the aforementioned process and tut.
http://www.seopremo.co.uk
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:15 pm

For info, I've asked the Forum Admin to lock this Thread as it doesn't contain any "relevant" Posts since 2 years while this Thread attracts at least once a week a new Spammer always self-called "SEO Expert", trying to post in it with some "fake" Content and some more or less "hidden" Link(s) in their Post and/or Profile/Sig... :roll:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...