Bug & Suggestion

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
benbeadle

Bug & Suggestion

Post by benbeadle » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:50 pm

First, the bug. Sometimes when running a Macro (in Firefox, using the Addon), if you repeatedly press Pause/Play, it will freeze like it is still paused. No matter if you click play/pause, it will still be paused and you have to hit stop to end the macro.

Suggestion:
I wish CLEAR would allow you to clear only certain website's cookies. I hate having to clear all of the cookies in my browser just for one website.
An example would be:

Code: Select all

CLEAR mysite.com
Which would clear the cookies for mysite.com

//Edit:
Just remembered another bug and suggestion.
I use a JS file to loop through hundreds of IIM files.
Bug: While the JS file is running, if I close the iMacros window, sometimes a popup comes up saying something about the Macro being stopped since I closed the window, but regardless of the popup, the Macro contiunes to run, even with the window closed. I think this is in relation to the the following suggestion.
Suggestion: When running one of the IIM files, if I hit stop, it stops the IIM file and then the JS file continues. I wish I could be able to stop the JS file along with the IIM file.
Tech Support

Re: Bug & Suggestion

Post by Tech Support » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:20 pm

if you repeatedly press Pause/Play, it will freeze like it is still paused.
I confirmed this and created the internal ticket fx451 for it. As a workaround, closing and reopeing the iMacros sidebar enables the buttons again.
CLEAR mysite.com
Great idea - I created the internal ticket fx450 for it.
When running one of the IIM files, if I hit stop, it stops the IIM file and then the JS file continues. I wish I could be able to stop the JS file along with the IIM file.
This is the current behavior already. I stopped self-test.js (which is part of the demo scripts) while running a macro, and the complete JS script stopped.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon May 02, 2016 3:04 pm

Tech Support wrote:
CLEAR mysite.com
Great idea - I created the internal ticket fx450 for it.
Time to bump this Thread, I would think, 6 years later...! Some other User asking for the same EnhReq:
- How can I clear 2 specific cookies for a site?
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Trax

Post by Trax » Mon May 02, 2016 7:05 pm

When running one of the IIM files, if I hit stop, it stops the IIM file and then the JS file continues. I wish I could be able to stop the JS file along with the IIM file.
This is the current behavior already. I stopped self-test.js (which is part of the demo scripts) while running a macro, and the complete JS script stopped.[/quote]

On any long js script it does not stop, I've been dealing with a similar problem for a long time now. No way to stop a js script. If I press stop it simply pauses the script and if I press stop again it unpauses. Only way to stop long JS scripts is to close FF.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon May 02, 2016 8:07 pm

Trax wrote:
This is the current behavior already. I stopped self-test.js (which is part of the demo scripts) while running a macro, and the complete JS script stopped.
On any long js script it does not stop, I've been dealing with a similar problem for a long time now. No way to stop a js script. If I press stop it simply pauses the script and if I press stop again it unpauses. Only way to stop long JS scripts is to close FF.
We had a Thread recently about this Behaviour, you can toggle it at will if you only want to stop one '.iim' Macro within the (Main) '.js' Script or the whole '.js' Script by disabling/enabling the 'Show Javascript during Replay' Option in the Settings...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
Trax

Post by Trax » Tue May 03, 2016 12:45 pm

chivracq wrote: We had a Thread recently about this Behaviour, you can toggle it at will if you only want to stop one '.iim' Macro within the (Main) '.js' Script or the whole '.js' Script by disabling/enabling the 'Show Javascript during Replay' Option in the Settings...

I see, it needs to be enabled to be able to stop .js anytime, didn't know that.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue May 03, 2016 1:11 pm

Trax wrote:
chivracq wrote: We had a Thread recently about this Behaviour, you can toggle it at will if you only want to stop one '.iim' Macro within the (Main) '.js' Script or the whole '.js' Script by disabling/enabling the 'Show Javascript during Replay' Option in the Settings...
I see, it needs to be enabled to be able to stop .js anytime, didn't know that.
Neither did I, until I found out recently in the following Thread while doing some Testing for this User...:
- Re: Bug or Feature?

Hum...!, and @Trax, it looks like you ironically deserve some "Spanking", ah-ah...! We already explained this Behaviour (to you...!) in some low Quality Thread of yours from 2012 for which I guess you didn't notice the Replies:
- STOP/ABORT/BREAK
(Would be nice btw if you could finish that Thread a bit neatly...)