Help me change a macro according to website.

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
LAPIII

Help me change a macro according to website.

Post by LAPIII » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:39 am

Why is the following topic un-editable: http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6324? Google's interface has changed (see the screenshot). So how do I change the macro using method B. I don't get how iMacros knows where the relative positions are on the webpage.
Attachments
Google.PNG
Google.PNG (11.62 KiB) Viewed 1989 times
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Help me change a macro according to website.

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:12 pm

Hello,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! As you know, websites (even Google) change and evolve over time and so we (and anyone using iMacros) have to revisit our macros and samples.

For now, you could just use:

Code: Select all

TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:*&&ID:resultStats EXTRACT=TXT  
which extracts the whole sentence containing the results number, and then parse that number out using script. Or you can use the SEARCH command with regular expressions.

We will work on updating our samples after the release of iMacros V7.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support