Import iMacros from FF

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
dombrorj

Import iMacros from FF

Post by dombrorj » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:40 am

I can't seem to find where Google Chrome iMacros are saved. I've spent hours creating my own iMacros and think they'll run faster in Chrome. Is there any way to import them? Or do I have to start from scratch?

Thanks
Tech Support

Re: Import iMacros from FF

Post by Tech Support » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:58 pm

If you are used to other iMacros versions, you might be surprised that iMacros for Chrome does not store its macros as text files. The reason for this is that Chrome extensions can not write or read files without a so called NPAPI plugin. Instead we are testing a new concept and store macros as bookmarklets inside the regular Chrome bookmarking system. Please see http://wiki.imacros.net/iMacros_for_Chr ... okmarklets

However, in the next weeks we plan to work on exactly this NPAPI Plugin to read/write files, so I expect that in March iMacros for Chrome can read iMacros for Firefox files.
dombrorj

Post by dombrorj » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:00 pm

Sounds good. I'll look forward to that!
bhun14

Post by bhun14 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:57 pm

Is there any progress on this? It would be really helpful to import my iMacros from FF instead of having to redo all of them.

Thanks.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:17 pm

We plan to have the first beta available in 1-2 weeks.
nma1919

Post by nma1919 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:20 am

I look forward to this, you have no idea. Not that this matters to iOpus, but It's part of the reason why I wont switch to Chrome.
rmcneely

Post by rmcneely » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:43 pm

Hi. Almost been a month. Any progress yet? I'd love to switch to Chrome but can't until I get my iMacros from FF.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:35 pm

The new iMacros for Chrome V2.0 Beta is available: http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 391#p27391 :D

Please note that while you can read your iMacros for Firefox macro now, iMacros for Chrome still does not support all Firefox commands yet. This is mainly due to limitations in the Chrome API. On the positive site, there is no need to "import" your Firefox macros to Chrome. iMacros for Chrome V2 can simply access the same files :)
Gilad

Post by Gilad » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:09 pm

The new imacros V2.0 for chrome is good, but it would be great if you could add a "store macro in bookmark" feature to imacros V2.0 in addition to the new ability to store macros as text files.
It is important for me to have my macros (some of which took me a while to write) handy, and using bookmarks is a great way to do so.

Thanks
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:30 pm

"store macro in bookmark"
This feature is planned. It will be available in IE and Chrome in a few weeks.
Gilad

Post by Gilad » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:56 am

Hey,
It's been almost two months and I was wondering when the "store macro in bookmark" feature will be up.
When this happens will it be possible to simply drag macros into the bookmark bar? :wink:

looking forward to it...
deb

Post by deb » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:49 am

I was wondering if the scripts having the iimplay command will work with the beta version of chrome imacro. I need this auto play function to run the imacro script from the chrome browser. Thanks
Last edited by deb on Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
MiloiTheNumb

Post by MiloiTheNumb » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:29 pm

I must be dense - how do I go about using my 'text' based (Firefox versions) iMacros in Chrome? If I don't import them, how do I get to them in Chrome's iMacros list or how do I run them from Chrome? I don't see a browse button or any way to get to the Firefox default iMacros folder.

Also, I have .js files too, do they work with Chrome iMacros? Is there anything special I need to do for those?
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:42 pm

MiloiTheNumb, you must use the iMacros for Chrome V2.0 version.

Also, I have .js files too, do they work with Chrome iMacros
Not yet, the Chrome API does not support it.