Number slots for play loop is covered by a gray widget

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
deb

Number slots for play loop is covered by a gray widget

Post by deb » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:59 pm

I have been using the Beta 2.0 version for testing. The play loop button is very useful for repeating the tests in a loop. However, a tiny grey widget is covering the textboxes where you enter the number of loops, somehow I manage to enter numbers from the kbd, but can't see them. Does anyone have any idea, how to make it go away. BTW the gray thing looks like a miniature up and dn arrow widget which doesn't work.
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Number slots for play loop is covered by a gray widget

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:17 am

Hello deb,

The development team is currently investigating this issue, thank you for reporting it here also! I will post an update here when I have more information to report.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
blackjack

Post by blackjack » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:31 pm

I also have this problem with v1.1 and v3.0.0 in both Chrome and Chromium. This started after updates to those browsers.

A work around is to click on the iMacros window to make it active, then hold the control key and press the + sign several times. This will zoom the window and you will be able to see the number and put your cursor in the box and then enter the number of times you want to loop.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:45 am

I have tested this with iMacros for Chrome 3.02 Beta and Chrome 6.0.472.63 and I am no longer experiencing this problem.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
blackjack

Post by blackjack » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:40 am

Thank you for this fix, however, the window still comes up with "Can not initialize plugin!" in the window. Will you be applying the fix to v1.1 in the meantime too?
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:51 am

blackjack,

I do not believe there any plans to apply this fix to 1.1. Are you saying you can't install the 3.02 beta at all? What OS and what version of Chrome have you tried it with?
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
blackjack

Post by blackjack » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:06 am

Hello Tom,
I can install v 3.0.2 and have done so, but I have had the same error with all version since 2.0. I have 3 machines which I use regularly, 2 have Fedora 13 64 bit operating system and 1 has Fedora 13 32 bit operating system. I haven't tried iMacros 3.0.2 on the 32 bit system yet as I have a keyboard issue and cannot log on, but the 2 64 bit versions both generate an error "Can not initialize plugin!" which is the same error I've had with all versions except v 1.1.1 on these machines. V 2.0.1 works fine on the 32 bit machine and I am expecting v 3.0.2 to work as well.
I have Gogol Chrome 7.0.517.41 beta on my desktop and the 6.0 stable release on my laptop. I can record macros, but when I save they are gone. They do not show up in the iMacros window.
I notice that under iMacros Preferences, there is an option to set the path to the Macros. I tried to copy and past the Macros directory into it with no joy. Clicking on the drop down selection icon to the right pops up another smaller window with "Can not initialize plug!". Perhaps you can help me set the path to the existing macros?
Attachments
Screenshot-chrome-extension.png
blackjack

Post by blackjack » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:13 am

Update on the last post, the macros are being saved, in /home/user/iMacros/Macros directory, but I cannot access them from v3.02. I see the newly recorded macros in v1.1.1.

Is this help in finding a solution?
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:30 pm

Thanks for the extra info Wayne, let me see if I can get someone closer to development to follow up on this.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
blackjack

Post by blackjack » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:44 pm

Thank you Tom. Your attention to details is very much appreciated.
deb

Post by deb » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:51 pm

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the fix, it will be much easier to use the gui now.

Deb