Moving to Version 7

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
mjohnson1857

Moving to Version 7

Post by mjohnson1857 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:11 pm

I extract information from a website that updates the search results after every time data in any search box is changed, either by tabbing out of the field, hitting enter or clicking another text box. This worked in version 6 by just by issuing a new TAG command. I can not get the same behavior in version 7. I have tried both the TAG command and DS CLICK method but neither method will cause the page to reload with the updated search criteria.

Any suggestions?

Also, I realize you can have both version 6 and 7 installed but how can I get my Visual Basic program to open the version 6 browser until I have gotten all of macros running in version 7? Is that possible?
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Moving to Version 7

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Hello,

Can you post the URL of the web page and/or the macro that creates the problem? I would be really interesting in testing this case directly, plus it will help me to troubleshoot a solution faster.
Also, I realize you can have both version 6 and 7 installed but how can I get my Visual Basic program to open the version 6 browser until I have gotten all of macros running in version 7? Is that possible?
Yes, you can specify the version in the call to iimInit(): http://wiki.imacros.net/Upgrading_to_Ve ... in_scripts
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
mjohnson1857

Post by mjohnson1857 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:55 pm

Yes, but it is a secure website for which you need a userid and password. The userid and password can only be used by 1 person at a time so I would need to coordinate with you a time that you will investigate. I would like to email you the information, I do not want to post my userid and password on line.

You can reach me by emailing to mjohnson1857@gmail.com

Thanks!!
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:38 pm

Hi,

You can send the info to me via our online support form. Please include a reference/link to this forum topic.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support