Feature Requests & Bug Fix Requests. ADD YOURS!

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
jdg

Re: Feature Requests & Bug Fix Requests. ADD YOURS!

Post by jdg » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:29 pm

Upon first installing iMacros on Firefox (FF 3.5, if it matters), I found it annoying that iMacros seized the first 4 inches or so of the browser window for its input controls. So I hit the [X] at the right of that pane to make those controls go away.

Now there is no way to get them back, ever. iMacros didn't add anything to Firefox's options menus, and Tools->Options->Main->Manage Add-Ons->Options doesn't provide a way to do it.

Please fix.
ABooth

Post by ABooth » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:57 am

jdg wrote:Upon first installing iMacros on Firefox (FF 3.5, if it matters), I found it annoying that iMacros seized the first 4 inches or so of the browser window for its input controls. So I hit the [X] at the right of that pane to make those controls go away.

Now there is no way to get them back, ever. iMacros didn't add anything to Firefox's options menus, and Tools->Options->Main->Manage Add-Ons->Options doesn't provide a way to do it.

Please fix.
Do you really think they enabled a close button without any means of reopening?

You can get the plugin UI back very easily by doing any 1 of the following: -
  • Press F8
  • Select View | Sidebar | iOpus iMacros F8
  • Click the toolbar button highlighted below.
iMacros for Firefox supports JavaScript Macros (Scripting)
JavaScript supports Java via LiveConnect

Therefore: You can write powerful macros with iMacros for Firefox. Have a look at this one

Post feature requests here. Maybe one day, they'll pin it?
avann

Post by avann » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:15 pm

I had some TAG XPATH="..." 's in a while loop when I mistakenly set variable i to go to infinite. I couldn't get the loop to stop: Pushing Stop did nothing, pushing Pause just paused it and closing the sidebar worked as long as I didn't open it again. Eventually restarting Firefox stopped the macro.

It's a minor annoyance but I'd also like to see the option for changing the highlight border width/color.

And of course, ability to 'SET !SIDEBAR NO gets my thumbs up. Maybe you could implement a small "now running macros" indicator in the lower right corner of FF? Especially with JS showing the steps is pretty much useless since it's so fast.
crf112

Post by crf112 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:51 pm

I had previously started the thread http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11199. Is there anyone working on this problem?
iToo

Post by iToo » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:59 am

Would be great having the possibility using more datasources

For example:
customers1.csv
bills1.csv

SET !DATASOURCE1 customers1.csv
SET !DATASOURCE2 bills1.csv
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=ID:1 CONTENT={{!DAT1COL1}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=ID:2 CONTENT={{!DAT2COL2}}

And.. having the possibility building "short macro's" like:

Standard:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=ID:1 CONTENT={{!COL1}}

New:
{{!COL1}}{{!COL2}}

{{!COL1}} = TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=ID:1 CONTENT=
{{!COL2}} = datasource content
Loginbug

Post by Loginbug » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:23 pm

IGNORE_CASE=YES option of Search command do not work!
Try this:

Code: Select all

URL GOTO=http://google.com/
 'Check for Script, ignore case
 SEARCH SOURCE=TXT:"_gat._getTracker(\"UA-336765-1\")" IGNORE_CASE=YES
 SEARCH SOURCE=TXT:"_gettracker" IGNORE_CASE=YES
 'Use regular expression to extract data, ignore case
 SEARCH SOURCE=REGEXP:"_get[Tt]racker\\(([^)]+)\\)" EXTRACT="Tracker is $1" IGNORE_CASE=YES
 'Display extracted data
 PROMPT {{!EXTRACT}}
It says: RuntimeError: Source does not match to TXT='_gat._getTracker("UA-336765-1")', line: 3
Loginbug

Post by Loginbug » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:24 pm

Waddle

Post by Waddle » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:28 pm

Please fix the ability to save your file with the specified path and filename when using ONDOWNLOAD!
cmuld3r

Post by cmuld3r » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:54 pm

Have the x/y axis for the 'CLICK' command originate from the right of the iMacros toolbar. Whenever I adjust the horizontal size of the toolbar or the screen resolution, it moves my clicks!

*11-22-10 update - I was mistaken with the cause of my moved clicks. It isn't the x/y origination. See updated posts:
(http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11494)
jbwocky

Post by jbwocky » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:48 am

Hi all,

Personally, I am waiting for an imacros version compatible with the latest firefox beta version. I can't wait to switch to it.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:14 am

Loginbug wrote:IGNORE_CASE=YES option of Search command do not work!
Try this:

Code: Select all

URL GOTO=http://google.com/
 SEARCH SOURCE=TXT:"_gat._getTracker(\"UA-336765-1\")" IGNORE_CASE=YES
 SEARCH SOURCE=TXT:"_gettracker" IGNORE_CASE=YES
 'Use regular expression to extract data, ignore case
 SEARCH SOURCE=REGEXP:"_get[Tt]racker\\(([^)]+)\\)" EXTRACT="Tracker is $1" IGNORE_CASE=YES
 'Display extracted data
 PROMPT {{!EXTRACT}}
It says: RuntimeError: Source does not match to TXT='_gat._getTracker("UA-336765-1")', line: 3
Loginbug,

This Search demo was written to search the iMacros homepage (http://www.iopus.com) and not the Google homepage. If you change the URL GOTO to http://www.iopus.com/ you will see that it works. :)
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Claudiu

Post by Claudiu » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:38 pm

the iussue i'm referring to is for system stats as follows
ff v 3.5.16
imacros for ff v 6.6.5

the issue might me solved for later version,; don't know as i haven't tried

the issue is ... when i use the set var1 extraction command for a page that has keywords one under another, the macro will input the extracted field with the keywords one next to each other. see my example below

the data to be extracted is:
keyword1
keyword2

the input field of the extracted data is:
keyword1keyword2

the difference is the way they are arranged.
for my project this makes a whole lot of difference from doing the right task and failing it
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:26 pm

the issue is ... when i use the set var1 extraction command for a page that has keywords one under another, the macro will input the extracted field with the keywords one next to each other. see my example below
Hi Claudiu,

I'm not sure I entirely understand the problem. Can you provide a macro which quickly demonstrates the issue? If you don't want to post it in a public forum, please email the macro to support AT iopus.com and mention this forum post.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
DWICBIOOM

Post by DWICBIOOM » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:26 am

The REFRESH command is useful at times.

I think it would be great to be able to refresh / reload specific frames, such as:
REFRESH FRAME=1
Volodath

Post by Volodath » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:08 am

Hi all - longtime forum lurker here and I've been dabbling in imacros code for a while (I originally started using imacros to automatically search for and price out competitors for our business. I've been fairly successful in that regard thus far as we're still in business).

I am sad to say however that I am no programmer, and the business that I work as doesn't have someone with the chops necessary to implement some of my more grandiose ideas (they require a couple of if/then statements). In thinking of the these processes that I want to run, I've come up with quite a really nifty things that could be done with the addition of another command for imacros.

ON_ERROR TYPE=<<Error Type>> GOTO=LINE<<Line number of the script you with to jump to>>

Even if this code would only be enabled for the scripting edition (I intend to purchase the scripting edition when I learn enough java to justify using it) I feel it would _greatly_ expand the use of the scripting edition for those of us who are less talented programmers, and provide a greater amount of flexibility.

Please? :)