Issues caused by iMacros remaining after uninstallation

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
soQos

Issues caused by iMacros remaining after uninstallation

Post by soQos » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:54 am

Hi,

After installing (and uninstalling) iMacros, some pages which where previously (correctly) opened in new windows with only an address row at the top are now opened in a new tab by default.

How do I undo that which iMacros has done to my precious FireFox?

Regards,
Gustaf
siniy

Re: Issues caused by iMacros remaining after uninstallation

Post by siniy » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:56 am

Intall TabMix extension its pretty useful.
soQos

Post by soQos » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:05 am

siniy wrote:Intall TabMix extension its pretty useful.
Thanks for the tip, but I am mainly wondering what permanent changes iMacros has done to FireFox and how I can undo them (without having to install yet another plugin that might do other permanent changes).
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:20 pm

Hello soQos,

Because iMacros can only automate web pages in the current browser instance, iMacros for Firefox sets the 'Open new windows in a new tab instead' setting in the Firefox options (Tools - Options - Tabs). Just uncheck this option to have new pages open in a new window.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support