Automate iMacros as Firefox Starts

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
liza28

Automate iMacros as Firefox Starts

Post by liza28 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:40 am

Hi! Before I start my inquiry, I just want to say that iMacros is certainly a powerful and easy to use tool. Kudos for you, guys especially for giving us Free editions. =)

Anyways, here's the scenario. I have different registration URLs that is composed of 4 pages each registration URL. The iMacros will just auto fill the forms and see if it will reach the 4th page without any issues. The iMacros should run every hour playing the records created, all through out the day. So it will be 24/7 operation.

Say, we have 25 registration URL and we create the 25 iMacros, is there a way to automate the playing of iMacros as windows starts? I have included firefox in the start up program so it will load once the windows starts. The next part is playing the iMacros in firefox without someone managing it.

Any other idea on how I can automate this type of recording in Firefox is very much welcome. It's not that I'm refraining from buying the paid version since it's definitely a powerful tool but I just want to explore and maximize the possibilities that this Free iMacros extension can do with our minimal requirements.
Claudiu

Re: Automate iMacros as Firefox Starts

Post by Claudiu » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:10 pm

there is a way to do this, and i think it has been answered. you'll need to use batch and scripting edition. it won't be easy if your a rookie. you need some experience. if your a rookie you'll need some time to learn some tricks.

try a google search using the batch keyword
liza28

Post by liza28 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:01 pm

I see. You're right. I have to buy and be verse at the same time with the Scripting edition.
Thanks!

Anyways, for those who have tried other automation in Free edition, your suggestions are most welcome.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:59 pm

See the following post for information on how to start an iMacros for Firefox macro from a shortcut. You could then put this shortcut in your Startup program group, or schedule it to run with Windows Task Scheduler.

http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 92&start=0
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
liza28

Post by liza28 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:39 am

Hi! Tom

Thanks for your response. Our team has decided to buy the paid editions. I'm not sure if we really need the scripting edition but maybe anyone can help me decide. As I've said, our testing requirements are minimal. Here's again a brief scenario of what we want to achieve

- We have 25 different registration pages, each with 4-page to accomplish.
- iMacros will just play the testing/filling of forms until it reaches 4th page without any issues. We might include screenshots in between pages and time loads.
- all 25 registration pages should run every hour, 24/7

I'm thinking of 25 different recordings that will be consolidated and will run every hour. Any idea how should it be done? Or what version do we need - Pro or Scripting? Thanks again for your help...
liza28

Post by liza28 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:24 pm

I tried consolidating the iim files using .bat and schedule it using the Windows Scheduler. Any other tips are welcome. Thanks again!
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:30 pm

Here's some additional information on starting iMacros in Firefox from the command-line:

http://wiki.imacros.net/iMacros_for_Fir ... ne_Support
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support