Folders and other options

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
padib_pqa

Folders and other options

Post by padib_pqa » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:17 pm

Hi, I love the inclusion of folders in this tool.

Sadly, I'm unable to organize my macros into the sidebar folders. I can't move my macros from the base folder (Macros) to my other folders. I also can't create a new macro directly in given folder by supplying a context (press record when a folder is seleted, or use the parent folder of the currently selected macro.

When I rename a folder from say a to b, and the folder was originally labelled 'a', if I enter 'b' in the rename field, the folder gets renamed to b.iim.

I also can't delete a folder once I create it, I get the following error:
Error: Error calling method on NPObject.
ם Prevent this page from creating additional dialogs.

As for the other options, I was hoping for an option which changes the default name of a new macro from the #name.iim format back to the regular macroname format.

I hope this helps the quality of your product, as its quality will help the quality of my work :)
Phil
padib_pqa

Re: Folders and other options

Post by padib_pqa » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:23 pm

Hey all, a little heads up!

I discovered that, if you go to the Macros folder of your iMacros installation folder (usually under My Documents), you can organize your iim files (macros) into folders, and rename as you wish right there. It could be more user friendly, but it works!
You might need to close chrome first before the OS will allow you to move the iMacros files and folders around or rename them.

In the Chrome GUI, double-click a folder to toggle open/close.

Cheers,
Phil
padib_pqa

Post by padib_pqa » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:26 pm

Funny thing, I just tried to drag and drop a macro into a folder in the Chrome GUI, and it actually worked.
(Rename still doesn't work though in GUI)

I don't know why, but I guess try doing what I did in my 2nd post and it may end up working for you too.
-Phil
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:48 pm

When I rename a folder from say a to b, and the folder was originally labelled 'a', if I enter 'b' in the rename field, the folder gets renamed to b.iim.

I also can't delete a folder once I create it, I get the following error:
Error: Error calling method on NPObject.
ם Prevent this page from creating additional dialogs.
Nice catch padib_pqa, I have logged these issues for follow-up by the dev team.
Funny thing, I just tried to drag and drop a macro into a folder in the Chrome GUI, and it actually worked.
I have discovered that rename/move/remove does not work on a macro file that you just played (iMacros for Chrome must be keeping the file open preventing these operations). I have also logged this as a new issue.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support