RuntimeError: ONDOWNLAD

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
protoss33

RuntimeError: ONDOWNLAD

Post by protoss33 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:07 am

Hi,

(sorry for my english but i'm french)

I have this error:

"RuntimeError: ONDOWNLAD command was used but no downalod occured."

I know why i have this error, sometimes there is not picture to download... so my macro stop...

How can i ignore this error because "SET !ERRORIGNORE YES" doesn't work for that...

Thanks
Tom, Tech Support

Re: RuntimeError: ONDOWNLAD

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:33 pm

Hello protoss33,

Thanks for reporting this! This appears to be a bug with the current version and I have notified the development team accordingly.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
dead0eye

Post by dead0eye » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:19 am

This error is still there, any news / updates on this matter?

Cheers!
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:27 pm

The issue is fixed in iMacros for Firefox 7.0.2, which you can download from here: http://wiki.imacros.net/iMacros_for_Fir ... on_History
slo

Post by slo » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:58 pm

This problem still exists in 7.0.2.1

Any workarounds?
slo

Post by slo » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:25 pm

slo wrote:This problem still exists in 7.0.2.1

Any workarounds?
FYI...I rolled back to 6.7.0.0 and my macro works again.

Something is wrong with 7.0.2.1
David Ronis

Post by David Ronis » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:34 pm

I can confirm. I've added

ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=/home/ronis/Dept/Enrollments FILE=fall2010.csv WAIT=yes

to a script who's next command will popup a download gui:

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMITFORM=ACTION:https://banweb.mcgill.ca/mcgp/bwckgens.csv ATTR=VALUE:Download<SP>Result

The GUI pops up and allows me to MANUALLY change the file and/or directory. After manually downloading I see:

RuntimeError: ONDOWNLAD command was used but no downalod occurred.

This may be an errorl I reported some time ago see http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... ilit=ronis
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:47 pm

The GUI pops up and allows me to MANUALLY change the file and/or directory. After manually downloading I see:

RuntimeError: ONDOWNLAD command was used but no downalod occurred.
This could be because the macro is ending before the download has a chance to start. Try adding an appropriate WAIT statement after the TAG command that initiates the download.

http://wiki.imacros.net/ONDOWNLOAD#Note
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
slo

Post by slo » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:43 pm

slo wrote:
slo wrote:This problem still exists in 7.0.2.1

Any workarounds?
FYI...I rolled back to 6.7.0.0 and my macro works again.

Something is wrong with 7.0.2.1
Problem still exists in 7.0.3.

Rolled back (again) to 6.7.0.0 and all is good again.
weissler

Post by weissler » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:37 pm

I'm also having a problem with ONDOWNLOAD in iMacros 7 for Firefox including the latest 7.0.3 (same error message as original poster). Note that my iMacro downloads the file successfully in 6.7.0.1. The server of the application I'm accessing takes a couple minutes before it even begins the download. The download is as much as 10 MB or so, so it takes an additional several minutes to complete. With 6.7.0.1, I set !TIMEOUT 300 (or as much as 800) and the download is automatically handled (I'd set the automatically download flag in the Firefox download dialog to avoid the dialog popup). Regardless of setting !TIMEOUT or !TIMEOUT_PAGE in 7.0.3, I get the error message mentioned in this thread and the download is not handled and the iMacro aborts with an error message after less than the full timeout duration specified (after a couple minutes or so).

I can provide the iMacro in question that exhibits the problem plus send my credentials for logging in to the web site via e-mail. I am using Firefox 3.6.13 on Windows XP, MacOS X 10.5, and Ubuntu 10.1.

-Robert Weissler

PS: Note that the FILE= option of ONDOWNLOAD in 6.7.0.1 is ignored in iMacros 6.7.0.1 for Firefox, so the downloaded file gets the filename assigned by the web site instead of the one I specified.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:23 pm

weissler wrote:I can provide the iMacro in question that exhibits the problem plus send my credentials for logging in to the web site via e-mail. I am using Firefox 3.6.13 on Windows XP, MacOS X 10.5, and Ubuntu 10.1.
Hi Robert, please do, you can email the macro to me at support AT iopus.com. Please mention this forum post and I will investigate it further.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
weissler

Post by weissler » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:52 pm

There is a beta version of iMacros for Firefox 7.1 (v7.1.1.2) that I tried in order to determine if it fixed the download problems we've encountered in 7.0. Unfortunately, the answer is no. After downloading 2 MB of the .zip file containing the spreadsheets, iMacros for Firefox throws an error. In addition, the file that is downloaded still uses the server name for the file instead of the one specified in iMacros FILE= option of ONDOWNLOAD. :?

Was iOpus support able to replicate the problems with my FPA site iMacro using ONDOWNLOAD in v7.0? Thanks for any update on the status of this issue!

-Robert Weissler
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:00 pm

Was iOpus support able to replicate the problems with my FPA site iMacro using ONDOWNLOAD in v7.0? Thanks for any update on the status of this issue!
Did you send us the macro yet Robert?
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
weissler

Post by weissler » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Did you send us the macro yet Robert?

I sent it on Tuesday, January 25, 2011 to support@iopus.com. Since it seems to have been misplaced, I've resent it today including attachments to the same e-mail address. Let me know if you do not find it.

-Robert Weissler
slo

Post by slo » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:22 pm

ONDOWNLOAD still broken in 7.1.1.2

This is a bummer, because 6.7 is not compatible with Firefox 4, released today.

It is unfair to complain about a free product, but a regression like this should be easy to fix.