Cache

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
kevnad

Cache

Post by kevnad » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:24 pm

Hi
I need to know how iMacro works with the cache?
In my test, I need it to use caching web pages that it has, like a normal user will do, using Internet Explorer.
Thanks
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Cache

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:01 pm

Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
kevnad

Post by kevnad » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:59 pm

Not much I'm afraid...

We are using iMacro Browser and we launch each scenario with a VB .Net executable and everything is wrapped-up in netiq to collect data.

What we found out is that for some scenario, when we launch them from the iMacro Browser, the first time it takes likes 5-6 seconds, and the second (without closing the iMacro browser) it's like 3-4 seconds. When we trace on the network, we saw that the web object that was taking more time the first time was not retrieve the second. It was taken directly from the cache. Whenever we close the iMacro browser, we have the same behaviour.

What we want, is to ba able to use the cache like any other internet users will do when browsing. Is there a way?

Thanks

PS : By the way, I'm pretty new in using iMacro, maybe there's some concept that I do not fully understand yet.
kevnad

Post by kevnad » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:16 pm

anyone ? thanks