Salesforce-IMACRO-send templated mail to contact not working

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
dougs778

Salesforce-IMACRO-send templated mail to contact not working

Post by dougs778 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:03 am

1. VERS.. free version of imacros for firefox
2. Visita
3. 3.6.16
4. other macros work ok.
5.-7. Issue with salesforce.com

VERSION BUILD=7110203 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=https://na8.salesforce.com/003?fcf=00BC ... =-1&page=1
TAG POS=10 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:[not<SP>provided]
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON ATTR=NAME:edit&&VALUE:<SP>Edit<SP>
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:editPage ATTR=ID:00N80000004KZbI CONTENT=%7.<SP>Done
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:editPage ATTR=NAME:save&&VALUE:<SP>Save<SP>
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON ATTR=NAME:email&&VALUE:Send<SP>An<SP>Email
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=ID:editPage ATTR=NAME:template&&VALUE:Select<SP>Template
TAB T=2
FRAME F=0
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:A-PERFECT-APPLICATION
TAB T=2
TAB CLOSE
TAB T=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=ID:editPage ATTR=NAME:send&&VALUE:<SP>Send<SP>
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Back<SP>to<SP>List:<SP>Contacts

This recorded code craps out after it picks off the template "A PERFECT APPLICATION" ... it ignores the command to SEND in the next to last line.

we get the error sometimes -- RuntimeError: Tab number 3 does not exist, line: 13
and this error most times -- RuntimeError: element A specified by TXT:Back<SP>to<SP>List:<SP>Contacts was not found, line: 15 --- because it stop on the SEND MAIL page and goes no further and next gets to the page that the last line of code is supposed to treat.

Line 9 intends to open a pop up, which our 3.6.16 firefox browser opens in a new tab...

The pages where it craps out is attached.
Attachments
Task- Send an Email ~ salesforce.com - Group Edition_1301894376511.png
Tech Support

Re: Salesforce-IMACRO-send templated mail to contact not wor

Post by Tech Support » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:55 pm

Hello,

This is difficult to trouble shoot without login. If you own an iMacros Scripting Edition, you can also email support@iopus.com and provide us with your login details.

Here are some ideas for testing this yourself:

1. Upgrade to Firefox 4 (worth a try, but unlikely to help).

2. If you record and replay just this problematic button click (remove any URL goto from the test macro), does it work then? Bascially the idea is that you create a one-line macro and tune/test it until the button click works.

3. As a test, try the iMacros free trial and use the "DirectScreen" command with that button. This option will work for sure, but requires at least the iMacros Power Surfer Edition (US$ 49.95).
dougs778

Post by dougs778 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:46 pm

Tech Support,

Thanks for reviewing my post. I have never purchased the surfer edition because your comparison page indicates it is "IE only" and we are set up mostly with FF.

Am I understanding it correctly. DO I have to invest $500 in an edition that is ff oriented?
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:50 pm

Well... actually my point was:

1. It will work for sure with the iMacros Scripting or PRO Edition (and the license includes free support)

2. It might work with the free iMacros for Firefox version as well. For this to test, we would need you to send us a test macro that shwos the issue to support@iopus.com and then we can have a look at it for you. If you do this, please mention this post ;)
fastviper

Post by fastviper » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:54 am

@dougs778 - you need to know some things before buying anything:
1. DirectScreen only works in Internet Explorer. Tech team informed on this forum that it will be part of Firefox plugin in next few months. I'd wait till then.
2. Since DS only works in IE and IE does not support tabs, (TAB T=2 won't work) - you'd be left with nothing. Oh, I'm sorry: you'll be left with 'But iMacros Browser is 100% compatibile with IE".
3. DS clicks in pixels. Changing layout or even simply adding some lines of text (or another field in form) above button - and no clicking, oh no...
3. Always try to slow down your scripts and/or inserting WAIT SECONDS=5 after clicking any button - this solves surprisingly high number of problems.
4. tabs are tricky. Go to a point in script that is just about to fail and stop the script. Enter next command into #Current.iim and play it. Does it play? Modify and repeat that loop till there is no error.
5. If you hope that Scripting Edition solves any problems, use 30-day trial to make sure it really does.
6. Do buy some pro/scripting edition if you need to meta-script. Automaticaly playing something or gathering screenshots or just running scripts in volume are worth it, every penny.

Just trying to influence information inbalance on market... I wish someone told me DS does not work in FF before we bought iMacros.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:57 pm

I had a chance to troubleshoot Doug's issue with him yesterday and it turned out to be a simple timing issue.

Here's the version of his macro that ended up working after manually adding the WAIT statement:

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=7031111 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=https://na8.salesforce.com/003?fcf=00BC0000007rBOF&rolodexIndex=-1&page=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:[not<SP>provided]
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON ATTR=NAME:edit&&VALUE:<SP>Edit<SP>
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:editPage ATTR=ID:00N80000004KZbI CONTENT=%7.<SP>Done
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:editPage ATTR=NAME:save&&VALUE:<SP>Save<SP>
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON ATTR=NAME:email&&VALUE:Send<SP>An<SP>Email
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=ID:editPage ATTR=NAME:template&&VALUE:Select<SP>Template
TAB T=2
FRAME F=0
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:filter_element ATTR=ID:fcf_templateSelector CONTENT=%00l80000001N7Lu
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:AA-STYLE-EXPERI
TAB T=1
WAIT SECONDS=3
TAG POS=2 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=ID:editPage ATTR=NAME:send&&VALUE:<SP>Send<SP>
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Back<SP>to<SP>List:<SP>Contacts
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support