ONLOGIN & ONDOWNLOAD issue with Firefox 5.0 & iMacros 7.2.2

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
skippyto

ONLOGIN & ONDOWNLOAD issue with Firefox 5.0 & iMacros 7.2.2

Post by skippyto » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:03 am

Hi,

I have some bugs with the latest firefox version and the latest iMacros firefox extension.

iMacros 7.2.2 cannot intercept downloads in Firefox 5.0, instead you have to click on OK yourself in the "opening file" (download) dialog.
I try with demo example and I still have the same issue.

The ONLOGIN event is samely not catched and you also have to on OK yourself in the "opening file" (download) dialog.

Are those know issues ?
p-scripter

Re: same issue with ONDIALOG and Firefox 5.0 & iMacros 7.2.2

Post by p-scripter » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:17 am

Hi,

i face the same problem with the ONDIALOG command since the update to Firefox 5 (Build ID: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0 ID:20110615151330) using iMacros Build 7220523.

with dialogs from websites, like in Demo-Javascript-Dialogs.iim there is no problem. it seems that iMacros can´t catch the dialogs from the FF5 browser itself.

using an unstable wireless internetconnection, i try to catch errors with the following function, it stops playing when the last successful command was sending some POST-data and Firefox throws the "Send again or cancel"-dialog.

Code: Select all

function secPlay(command) { //////////////////////////////////////////////
	iret=-802; 
	var reload=0;
	while (iret == -933 || iret==-921 || iret == -802) {
		iret = iimPlay(command);
		if (iret==-101){log("break by user at step:\n"+command);return iret;}
		if (iret==-921){
				if(reload==0){
				reload=1;
				log("TAG not found, RELOAD\n");
				iret=iimPlay("CODE: ONDIALOG POS=1 BUTTON=CANCEL CONTENT=\n REFRESH\n WAIT SECONDS=1\n"+command);
			}else {log("TAG not found, skip step:\n"+command);}
		}
		if (iret==-933 || iret == -802)log("Timeout, repeat step:\n"+command);
	}
	reload=0;
return iret;
}
i call that function like this:

iret=secPlay("CODE: TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT  ATTR=VALUE:xxxxx");
or this
iret=secPlay("CODE: WAIT SECONDS=3\n URL GOTO=http://myURL");
thanks in advance for fixing this problem soon :wink:
Tom, Tech Support

Re: ONLOGIN & ONDOWNLOAD issue with Firefox 5.0 & iMacros 7.

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:04 pm

Thank you skippyto for bringing this to our attention! I have confirmed the problem with ONDOWNLOAD and ONLOGIN and have logged this issue for further investigation by the development team.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Tom, Tech Support

Re: same issue with ONDIALOG and Firefox 5.0 & iMacros 7.2.2

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:08 pm

p-scripter wrote:Firefox throws the "Send again or cancel"-dialog.
Hello p-scripter, can you post a screenshot of this dialog please, or even better, can you provide a small standalone macro that demonstrates the problem?
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Loginbug

Post by Loginbug » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:57 pm

I have the same problem. :cry:
p-scripter

Post by p-scripter » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:21 am

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your response.
I use the de-DE-locale of Firefox 5, but I don´t think that´s really relevant.

Just recorded this on one of your demo-pages:

VERSION BUILD=7220523 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=http://www.iopus.com/imacros/demo/v6/f1/form.asp
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:TestForm ATTR=NAME:SendButton&&VALUE:Click<SP>to<SP>order<SP>now
REFRESH
REFRESH
The REFRESH-command is recorded on pushing the reload-button, as usual.

Now the "Bestätigen"-window pops up, saying "Um diese Seite anzuzeigen, müssen die von Firefox gesendeten Daten erneut gesendet werden, wodurch alle zuvor durchgeführten Aktionen wiederholt werden (wie eine Suche oder eine Bestellungsaufgabe)." I can click "Erneut senden" or "Abbrechen".
It´s asking to send POST-data again or cancel?

On choosing one of that options, the recorder should insert the ONDIALOG-command before the REFRESH, but nothing happens.

During replay the following message apears in the iMacros sidebar when i click CANCEL:

NS_BINDING_ABORTED: Component returned failure code: 0x804b0002 (NS_BINDING_ABORTED) [nsIWebNavigation.reload], line: 8 (Error code: -1001)
The errorconsole (Fehlerkonsole) one can open with CTRL-SHIFT-J in Firefox displays:

Fehler: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x804b0002 (NS_BINDING_ABORTED) [nsIWebNavigation.reload]"  nsresult: "0x804b0002 (NS_BINDING_ABORTED)"  location: "JS frame :: chrome://loadtabsprogressively/content/overlay.js :: __noSuchMethod__ :: line 270"  data: no]
Quelldatei: chrome://imacros/content/MacroPlayer.js
Zeile: 5
If I click "send POST-data again", no error occurs.

When I insert

ONDIALOG POS=1 BUTTON=CANCEL CONTENT=
(which worked in FF 4.0.1)
between the two REFRESHes in the macro above, the behaviour is exactly the same - I have to click manually, the dialog is not captured.

Just discovered another issue: a simple WAIT-command causes the following message in the errorconsole:

Fehler: gBrowser.addProgressListener was called with a second argument, which is not supported. See bug 608628.
Quelldatei: chrome://browser/content/tabbrowser.xml
Zeile: 1840
it seems to be the same with GOTO an maybe some other commands. It has no effect on the execution of my scipt or some of the demo macros I´ve tested, but I fear it can cause memoryleaks. (my script is running 24/7)

regards,
p.

p.s.: I did a workaround on my script to make the use of ONDIALOG obsolete, but the issue should be of general interest.

p.p.s.: Manymany thanks for providing this great tool for free, it saves me lots of time. :D
skippyto

Post by skippyto » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:49 am

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your investigation, I'll wait for the iMacros extension with Full Firefox 5 support :) to upgrade all my scripts on firefox 5.

Many thanks for all improvements in the last versions of the firefox extension.

skippyto.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:01 pm

Thank you for the additional information p-scripter. I have confirmed that the "Resend information" dialog is not being handled by ONDIALOG in Firefox 5. I'm sure this is likely related to the other issues reported in this thread, but I have also logged this separately for further investigation by the development team.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:44 pm

Thanks for all the good error reports. All Firefox 5 related issues should be fixed with our latest update V7.3.0.0

You can download it from http://wiki.imacros.net/iMacros_for_Fir ... on_History (it is not yet on the Mozilla website).
skippyto

Post by skippyto » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:49 pm

Well Done !

All my scripts are working fine now :)