Need help with youtube upload

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Gradimir

Need help with youtube upload

Post by Gradimir » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:16 pm

Okay here's the problem:

I got a folder with all videos I want uploaded. And I need a script which will go to http://upload.youtube.com/my_videos_upload, click on the yellow Upload video button and select a first video from folder. In next loop it'll again click on Upload and select next video from folder.

Anybody has any idea how this could be done?

Thanks.
MattBell7

Re: Need help with youtube upload

Post by MattBell7 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:52 am

it can be done, in fact i've done it before, but i was paid to do it, so can't post the code i'm afraid.

try recording your macro steps, then look at the scripting interface pages on the wiki and it'll tell you everything you need to know.
Gradimir

Post by Gradimir » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:20 pm

MattBell7 wrote:it can be done, in fact i've done it before, but i was paid to do it, so can't post the code i'm afraid.

try recording your macro steps, then look at the scripting interface pages on the wiki and it'll tell you everything you need to know.
Well I already know how to do everything except select videos for upload, and I can't seem to find solution anywhere, so that's why I'm asking here.
MattBell7

Post by MattBell7 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:33 am

so have you tried recording the steps? what happens when you re-run it.

all you've done is say 'i have a problem doing this' but havent said what goes wrong, how you're trying to do it.

no info, means no help.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:03 am

Matt, don't forget that this is posted in the iMacros for Firefox forum, so the user likely needs to know how to traverse a folder of files using Javascript. Since that is more of a general Javascript question, I suggest the user refer to the following:

FILE I/O in Javascript - MDN Docs
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:07 am

It also might be quicker and easier to generate a list of the files (including full path to each file) as a text file that can then be used as input to the macro. E.g. use the DIR command piped to a file.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
vt2011

Post by vt2011 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:50 am

Hi,

I can make it work with basic upload htlm form but it does not work with java upload, the TAG format used for html form is not found when java uploader is used.
Is there any solution to solve this issue on iMacro Firefox ?

Thanks
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:29 pm

vt2011 wrote:I can make it work with basic upload htlm form but it does not work with java upload, the TAG format used for html form is not found when java uploader is used.
Is there any solution to solve this issue on iMacro Firefox ?
You need to use DirectScreen to automate Java applets. DirectScreen is currently only supported in the iMacros commercial editions.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
MattBell7

Post by MattBell7 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:27 pm

ah, the version i wrote used the basic uploader, not the java one, for that exact reason. although i don't see why the basic uploader doesn't do what you need it to...
vt2011

Post by vt2011 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:52 am

right, thank you guys.