How do you make imacros press "Enter"?

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Jmart10

How do you make imacros press "Enter"?

Post by Jmart10 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:57 am

Anyone know how I can get Imacros to mimick or hit the Enter key?

For example, If I have a Imacro doing a Google search. Instead of me pressing the search button, I want to press Enter

How can it do this?
Tom, Tech Support

Re: How do you make imacros press "Enter"?

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:47 pm

Hello Jmart10,

Can you clarify why you want to do this? Clicking the search button is effectively the same as pressing enter while the focus is in the search field. So if you record a macro to do this, just record a click on the search button and iMacros will generate the necessary TAG command.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Jmart10

Post by Jmart10 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:54 pm

Tom, iOpus wrote:Hello Jmart10,

Can you clarify why you want to do this? Clicking the search button is effectively the same as pressing enter while the focus is in the search field. So if you record a macro to do this, just record a click on the search button and iMacros will generate the necessary TAG command.
I'm asking because the site I'm trying to make this imacros, you need to press Enter on your keyboard to input data. There's no other way to input than by pressing Enter. Is there not a code that I can put in the macro line that would simulate an Enter keystroke?
MattBell7

Post by MattBell7 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:58 am

you can do it with DS

DS CMD=KEY X=0 Y=0 CONTENT={ENTER}
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:44 am

Jmart10 wrote:Is there not a code that I can put in the macro line that would simulate an Enter keystroke?
Yes, as suggested by Matt, but I first wanted to make sure you weren't trying to fit a square peg in a round hole so to speak. With DirectScreen, you can send mouse actions as well as keys to the web page.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Jmart10

Post by Jmart10 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:17 pm

Tom, iOpus wrote:
Jmart10 wrote:Is there not a code that I can put in the macro line that would simulate an Enter keystroke?
Yes, as suggested by Matt, but I first wanted to make sure you weren't trying to fit a square peg in a round hole so to speak. With DirectScreen, you can send mouse actions as well as keys to the web page.

Thanks. i'm going to try.
knowbody

Post by knowbody » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:51 pm

I think the simpler question is to ask why, when recording a macro, keyboard strokes are not automatically recorded. The answers that I do see seem to be X/Y coordinate related and that seems rather crazy when it is buttons on a keyboard you are pressing and NOT some location on your monitor you are clicking.
Amben

Post by Amben » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:04 am

Hi! i also have this problem regarding pressing <Enter Key> for Textbox Search. is there any solution other than DS thing? Thanks.
questions

Post by questions » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:12 pm

does the DS work with the iMacros version for Firefox?

does it require a proper coordinates? or just 0,0 is ok?

some forms don't let you submit them with a button you have to click enter to proceed, they offer no other alternative
questions

Post by questions » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:36 pm

bump?
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:07 pm

Hi questions,

> does the DS work with the iMacros version for Firefox?

Not yet, but we are currently working on implementing image recognition in iMacros for Firefox (and possibly DirectScreen too).

> does it require a proper coordinates? or just 0,0 is ok?

DS requires actual coordinate values. The coordinates specify the target of the mouse action and/or keystrokes on the screen.

> some forms don't let you submit them with a button you have to click enter to proceed, they offer no other alternative

There may be underlying Javascript code that you can invoke to submit the forum by using URL GOTO to execute the Javascript:

http://wiki.imacros.net/URL#Using_Javascript
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:49 pm

See also David Poor's post for how to press Enter using Javascript.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
vasanth

How to use TabSpace in iMacro

Post by vasanth » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:48 pm

Hi All

How do I make iMacro to have a tabspace in excel file??? Is there any commands?? Can any one help me in this.. :? Your help would be real glad.