Unable to save/use macros

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
GeneralSan

Unable to save/use macros

Post by GeneralSan » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:03 pm

Hi,

I am trying to record a macro, that includes 120 clicks (filling a farm in a game ;-)
When I click stop, I see the recorded contents in a fresh window, the macro content seems fine.

When I am trying to save, nothing gets saved.
It doesn't matter what storage I choose.

When I click Files, I get a red text (indicating an error, I presume) "Error occurred while building file tree: Error: Error calling method on NPObject."
When I click Bookmarks, I get a list of files that I can find in the indicated directory in Preferences. The filename, that I used to save the macro exists, sometimes with extension .iim (shown in the macros window), sometimes without the extension (only shown in the macros window, cannot be found in the directory). But when I click "edit", It always is empty.
When I click play, it doesn't do anything (probablu because it is empty).

I am using iMacros for chrome 3.5.3.
Chrome 14.0.825.0 dev
Mac OSX 10.6.8

(The installation of iMacros for chrome did not include any demo macros.)

My preferences are set like this:
Macros directory path (I created this folder manually, and it contains the macro files mentioned above, with extension .iim): /Users/username/iMacros/Macros/
Logs directory path: /Users/username/iMacros

I have attached the log file, found in the iMacros folder.
I have also found a log file in the /Users/username/ folder. (but I have experimented with the previous beta as well, so I don't really know which version generated which file). I attached this one as well. (zipped both first, because .log is not allowed in your forum)
Attachments
imacros_in_user_folder.log.zip
The version found in the user folder
(629 Bytes) Downloaded 371 times
imacros.log.zip
The version found in the iMacros folder.
(605 Bytes) Downloaded 361 times
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Unable to save/use macros

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:39 pm

Hello GeneralSan,

Can you try it with a non-development release of Chrome?
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
imacros_newbie

Post by imacros_newbie » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:46 am

Tom,

I am running:
OS X Lion (10.7)
Chrome: 13.0.782.112
iMacros: 3.5.3

When I click on the iMacros button on the toolbar, I get the following error in the iMacros window:
Error occurred while building file tree: Error: Error calling method on NPObject.

This used to work fine earlier - I am not sure what broke it. I tried changing the Macros directory path but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Thanks for your suggestions in advance.

Randhir
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:30 pm

Hello,

Thanks for the report imacros_newbie. Unfortunately I am unable to test on OS X at this time, but will keep you posted.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
ztodd

Post by ztodd » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:31 am

I have Windows 7, Chrome 13.0.782.215, iMacros build 3520704

When I try save a macro as a file, it closes but does not save the new file. It just loses any and all changes.

I can save as a bookmark okay, but it seems buggy when I run it- it says SAVEAS is an unknown command.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:41 pm

ztodd wrote:I can save as a bookmark okay, but it seems buggy when I run it- it says SAVEAS is an unknown command.
Hi ztodd,

SAVEAS for saving web pages is not supported, as the Chrome API does not expose this feature (yet). Please see the following:

http://wiki.imacros.net/iMacros_for_Chr ... imitations
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
ztodd

Post by ztodd » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:34 am

Thanks Tom. Do you know if that applies also to the EXTRACT version of the SAVEAS command?

I do this command first, and it runs ok and pops up a dialog showing the extracted code:

TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=ID:d_sectors EXTRACT=HTM

but then it gives the syntax error when I try to save it to file when I do:

SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FILE=GT.CSV

If it won't save to file, I wonder if there's a way to copy it to clipboard? Or some other way to get to it?
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:25 pm

Hi ztodd,

Currently, the only way to "get" the extracted data is if you are using the iMacros Scripting Edition to automate iMacros for Chrome, then you can retrieve the extracted data by calling iimGetLastExtract() in your script.

The SAVEAS functionality is going to be implemented in the next major release of iMacros for Chrome, but unfortunately I don't know the time frame just yet.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
ztodd

Post by ztodd » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:49 am

Yep, copying it to clipboard works.

SET !CLIPBOARD {{!EXTRACT}}