Tags change attributes – what can I do?

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
gczychi

Tags change attributes – what can I do?

Post by gczychi » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:33 pm

Hi,

I am new to iMacros and want to script a couple of websites, but the website changes the attributes to the tags every time. Therefore iMacros waits forever for a tag. What can I do, if I receive tags like:

TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ACTION:https://bankingportal.de/portal/portal/ ... 714d9aa5e4 ATTR=ID:fHsafNthoBdpCfXg CONTENT=%90

I have tried to shorten the attributes with the asterisk (*), like for example:

TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ACTION:https://bankingportal* ATTR=ID:* CONTENT=%90

but that doesn't work either. What can I do?

Thanks a lot for any hints,

Gary
MattBell7

Re: Tags change attributes – what can I do?

Post by MattBell7 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:44 am

that should work. without a url it would be hard to diagnose though...

Try recording it a couple of times, and see if anything else changes.

You'll also need to be careful in case there are other Select boxes before that one, which it may now select instead. Try turning on Complete HTML mode, record the selection, and see if there is anything specific on the box that doesn't change. i.e. a name, a style etc