Is There A Way To Auto-Wait Scripts?

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
samuelseeto

Is There A Way To Auto-Wait Scripts?

Post by samuelseeto » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:43 am

Recently installed the iMacros Chrome plugin. I am using it for web testing. Specifically web form applications.

So today after recording and re-running scripts, I find that it doesn't "auto-wait" after a "Next" to move to the following page. It simply dies.
So I've been adding eg "WAIT SECONDS=6" after each area where the system takes time to load/retrieve/calculate etc but surely there must be a simpler or default way such that it only moves to the next step once the page is static?

Can anyone help?

Sam
Tech Support

Re: Is There A Way To Auto-Wait Scripts?

Post by Tech Support » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:40 pm

All iMacros editions auto-wait by design. It detects a page is loading, and waits until the browser signals the page is loaded.

Can you please post the macro that does not wait? And does it work with iMacros for Firefox and/or iMacros for IE?
samuelseeto

Re: Is There A Way To Auto-Wait Scripts?

Post by samuelseeto » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:26 am

It definately does NOT auto-wait. Due to this, I added eg WAIT SECONDS=3 after every page load or options load. But that still sometimes fails since if an environment is high on load and slower...
You can confirm that even for Chrome browser it 100% auto-waits?

I have not tried on FF. FF amazingly does not work here at work. IE, I have not tried since I needed Admin rights to install iMacros so I instead just used Chrome.

An example script I newly created without and with adding manual waits is attached in zip.

Another question is: After a fail, is there any way to simply resume from that spot? It's a pain having to always restart from the start or delete code if I want it to run from that spot, then open and re-add the earlier code and save etc...
Attachments
Web.zip
Wait and Nonwait files
(1.52 KiB) Downloaded 190 times