Need help with task

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
xzaio

Need help with task

Post by xzaio » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:58 pm

I just started using iMacro for Firefox and Chrome, so I am still learning how to do some things. I have a task in mind, I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction.

I want to create a Macro, where a number is pulled from a website (this number is constantly updating), and if the number is equal to or above a certain set value then a recorded action is initiated. Is this possible?

Thank you :)
MattBell7

Re: Need help with task

Post by MattBell7 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:34 am

would this by any chance be for Pokemon Vortex? search the forums, theres loads of stuff already up about how to do exactly what you've just asked.
Daniel, Tech Support

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:16 pm

Hi,

Its definitely possible using the Scripting Interface: http://wiki.imacros.net/Web_Scripting

And as MattBell suggested, the solution might be already out there on the forum.

Best regards,
Daniel, iOpus Support
xzaio

Post by xzaio » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:57 pm

Thank Daniel and Matt!

I want this macro for stocks, so when a certain value is reached, I want it to initiate a buy/sell reaction.

What is this type of macro generally called? What should I search for?
MattBell7

Post by MattBell7 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:42 am

i doubt there'll be anything that specific, if you post more detail about the steps you want, we can point you in the right direction