Feature Requests & Bug Fix Requests. ADD YOURS!

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
ekid

Re: Feature Requests & Bug Fix Requests. ADD YOURS!

Post by ekid » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:33 pm

Tech Support wrote:Thanks a lot for reporting this issue. We already fixed the Javascript slow down issue (an issue with the Firefox debug api). The latest version 7.4.0. 7.is not yet on the Mozilla download site, but you can download it from http://wiki.imacros.net/iMacros_for_Fir ... on_History

Of course, if you still see any problems with this version, please get back to us.
The results that I get with updated iMacros are quite weird. In a fresh Firefox profile V8 Benchmark scores are as low as they were before (500 out of 3000 without iMacros). However, if I install Firebug, open its panel and enable the Script tab, performance improves considerably, though is still worse than with iMacros disabled (2000 out of 3000). Some of V8 subtests perform great, while others run slow. If after that I disable Firebug's Script tab, scores leap to their maximum 3000. If I restart the browser (Firebug installed, but Script tab disabled) -- scores are again very low (500 out of 3000). Tested both in Mac OS X and Linux with Firefox 7.01, results are attached.
Attachments
V8-results.zip
(130.99 KiB) Downloaded 1811 times
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:12 pm

Thanks for the report. We confirmed it and are working on it. We plan to have a solution in a few days.
bumusic

Post by bumusic » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:18 pm

borisbcs wrote:I would like iMacros be compatible with FireFox 3.6.23. It does not!
install this addon
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... -reporter/

all firefox addon can install on any firefox version
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:19 pm

The V8 performance issue reported by ekid is fixed with today's 7.4.0.8 release: http://wiki.imacros.net/iMacros_for_Fir ... on_History
ekid

Post by ekid » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:30 am

Tech Support wrote:The V8 performance issue reported by ekid is fixed with today's 7.4.0.8 release: http://wiki.imacros.net/iMacros_for_Fir ... on_History
Thanks! The only slowdown that I'm still seeing is when iMacros is installed alongside Firebug, whose Script tab is enabled (V8 scores 2000 out of 3000). Otherwise, performance is great :)
selmiak

Post by selmiak » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:16 pm

hi
I want to suggest the option to export the macros not only to the normal favourites but also to the favourites bar in firefox. This saves some more clicking and dragging and dropping. I think it's not that hard to implement. (...and somehow I don't want to record a macro for that ;))
perusi

Post by perusi » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:39 pm

it would be great if you found a way for DirectScreen on firefox... or something that simulates a click or a keystroke...
DiMoS

Post by DiMoS » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:24 am

Radiobutton won't change until WAIT SECONDS=1 used before it. Noticed it couple days ago, and this bug was very frustrating, until I discovered how to fix it.

For example:

Code: Select all

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=NAME:addProdFrm ATTR=NAME:aOption[8893][ynu]&&VALUE:no
Nothing changed.

WAIT SECONDS=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=NAME:addProdFrm ATTR=NAME:aOption[8893][ynu]&&VALUE:no
All works fine!

P.s.: iMacros BUILD=7401110, Firefox v9.0.1 and v8.0.1, Windows 7 x64 Professional.
P.p.s.: same bug in X/Y click mode!
P.p.p.s: all pages are already loaded, when macro is running.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:51 pm

perusi wrote:it would be great if you found a way for DirectScreen on firefox... or something that simulates a click or a keystroke...
Hi perusi,

This functionality is planned for the future. Follow this thread for more information.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:53 pm

DiMoS wrote:Radiobutton won't change until WAIT SECONDS=1 used before it. Noticed it couple days ago, and this bug was very frustrating, until I discovered how to fix it.

For example:

Nothing changed.

WAIT SECONDS=1
All works fine!

P.s.: iMacros BUILD=7401110, Firefox v9.0.1 and v8.0.1, Windows 7 x64 Professional.
P.p.s.: same bug in X/Y click mode!
P.p.p.s: all pages are already loaded, when macro is running.
Hi DiMoS,

Would you please provide us with a URL where we can test and confirm this issue. If you don't want to post it in a public forum, please email the URL and/or macro to support AT iopus.com and mention this forum post.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Colibry

Post by Colibry » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:38 pm

Hello,

I see that the bug with negative counter/timer/number still appears. I have it from time to time on my js macro but I don't know why. And I've set the js macro to restart after some period of time.
seRgiOOOOOO

Post by seRgiOOOOOO » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:17 am

when i try to make a loop with my script, it doesn't work. when i click "start" and it starts, it stops in the last step and it
stays there, it doesn't return to start :(

PD: I have firefox 10 and imacros with the last version
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:43 am

seRgiOOOOOO wrote:when i click "start" and it starts
Hi seRgiOOOOOO,

What button are you clicking to "start" the macro?
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
seRgiOOOOOO

Post by seRgiOOOOOO » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:53 am

Tom, iOpus wrote:
seRgiOOOOOO wrote:when i click "start" and it starts
Hi seRgiOOOOOO,

What button are you clicking to "start" the macro?
execute (loop)

in spainsh: Ejecutar (Bucle)
jdockery

Post by jdockery » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:12 am

I am currently using Firefox 7.01, tweaked it quite a bit to maximize performance.
Imacros version: 7.4.0.8

Additional Addons:
Memory Fox
Jquery 1.5.2.0
GreaseMonkey 0.9.18

Firstly, i always like start off with the good news, Macros Timeout has been an invaluable feature, thank you!!!!

Secondly, No matter which page i'm on or which script is run (js. scripts to be more specific).

I get the following error in console in one form or fashion, NS_NOInterface. From what i've researched the javascript files being implemented in imacros are run in a xul environment. This appears to be the primary problem. Without a way to implement some form of conditional loops and if statements, there does not to seem to be a workaround for this, amidst programming entirely in javascript and abandoning the imacros add-on, after googling for three days.

Repeatability: every time, even with code that does implement loops, but are in javascript files. Sample, embed a simple javasript file with iimplay("some code") to login to facebook. Then check the error console. With loops this becomes ever increasing memory issuse as firefox is forced to log every error, adding an additional 200Mb footprint to my memory usage. With javascript, once a function is finished executing, the local variables are released (destroyed) upon exiting the function. Imacros does not appear to be releasing anything.

In comparison, i have intensive javascript codes executing on a permanent loop, the current memory footprint is 120M-140M, with imacros and a couple of lines embedded in a javascript loop, the memory footprint is 170M+. Memory Fox clears the memory on intervals, i can watch all of the javascript loops drop to their minimum usage while imacros jumps right back up to its max. Without memory fox, i imagine imacros would eventually crash the browser.

I do not use the imacros browser because it is based on IE platform which does not work well with pages i'm viewing, not to mention no availability for such great add-ons such as memory fox.

sincerely, a patron of your project for a long time.

Jonathan Dockery.