Intermediate pages....how to handle..

Information related to the use of iMacros for form filling and data upload.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team
michaelgb

Intermediate pages....how to handle..

Post by michaelgb » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:45 am

One of the sites I'm trying to script throws up an intermediate page sometimes but not always. When they do, there is only one, but I have no way to predicate when they will let me navigate from page one to page two, verses throwing in an intermediate page between one and two.

Also, the pages they throw up vary. Usually they are an ad-related page and have a button that says "No thanks".

Is there any way to:
1) write a script that can handle when these intermediate pages are and are not displayed.
2) write a script that can always select a button with the text "No thanks" if the intermediate page is displayed?

thanks in advance!!!!!
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:54 am

Hi,

The scripting solution to this, would be to check for this page after each page navigation, ie. have a macro that checks and is called from the script. This would require the page having some recognisable feature, possibly the "No Thanks" button if this is the only page that has this.

If the page is found then another macro to click the button can be called.

Daniel Kerr
iOpus Support
michaelgb

Post by michaelgb » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:31 am

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm not sure I understand.
Is it possible to do this completely with a macro, or does it write scripting using some other language?

Also, I am not that familiar with windows scripting. If I want to distribute my macros to clients and they have fairly tight security on their machines, is it likely they will (1) not have scripting enabled, or (2) will get prompted often to approve running of the macros, scripts?

Also, are there any resources on your site aobut how to distrbute macros and whatever scripts are required to run them? I assume I need installshield or something?

thanks again very much!

Tech Support wrote:Hi,

The scripting solution to this, would be to check for this page after each page navigation, ie. have a macro that checks and is called from the script. This would require the page having some recognisable feature, possibly the "No Thanks" button if this is the only page that has this.

If the page is found then another macro to click the button can be called.

Daniel Kerr
iOpus Support
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:51 pm

Is it possible to do this completely with a macro, ...?
Yes. We have an example of such a "macro only" solution for a similar case at http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?t=757
Last edited by Tech Support on Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:01 pm

As mentioned above, you might not need scripting to solve the issue. But even if, it is much easier than it sounds - and our tech support can always help :wink:
If I want to distribute my macros to clients and they have fairly tight security on their machines, is it likely they will (1) not have scripting enabled,
By Microsoft default, Windows scripting is installed and enabled on every Windows machine, even for so called "limited" user accounts.
or (2) will get prompted often to approve running of the macros, scripts?
Some security software like Norton prompts the user for every new VBS script he or she executes. This prompt includes the option to authorize the script, so the user will be never prompted again for this script.
Also, are there any resources on your site about how to distribute macros and whatever scripts are required to run them? I assume I need installshield or something?
A list of files is available at http://www.iopus.com/imacros/help/redistribution.htm
In addition all registered users can request the complete and documented iMacros installer source code, so you can easily modify the setup for your need. Typically this simply means removing the demo macros and adding your own macros and scripts instead. Then your users have a one-click installation for your iMacros based solution.

The installation process uses only standard commands, so almost every installer can be used for it (including Installshield). We use the free Inno Installer, which is sufficient to automate the iMacros setup.
prick

Almost same problem with me !

Post by prick » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:12 am

Hi

I am to experiencing similar problem.

I am automating a webpage filling which comes after login. but if the session is expired then it throws to the login page.

even if i check the url of current page,how do i implement it since there is no conditional statement options.

Please help
agr.prashant@gmail.com
Peon25

Re: Intermediate pages....how to handle..

Post by Peon25 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:35 pm

First off, I did not see where to create a new post, so I apologize. ;)

I am not sure if it's possible to do, which is why I am asking this. I have used iMacros for a month or so now and it has been wonderful outside of the time-out problem (even when the page is fully loaded, and I can click on other pages, etc.... but, different issue).

Periodically, randomly, I am faced with a bot-checker. It wants me to enter in a 4-6 digit number, or the answer to a math equation (such as 6-2, or 8*3, into the box) -- would iMacros be able to handle a random bot checker like that, with a simple mathematical equation involved?