Automatic Login Issue

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
BrAiN

Automatic Login Issue

Post by BrAiN » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:06 pm

Hi,

I just install this iMacro its very wonderful and i really like it. I hope you will understand my problem and give me solution.
My problem is my ISP have website based Login(username/password). Sometimes while browsing my ISP automatic logout due to some technical issue in ISP and Login Page appear need to re-enter username/password and click submit.

My issue is sometimes I run torrent for downloading and move away for hours but when I come back and expecting my movies download, my badluck my ISP auto logout long time ago and need to relogin.

Here is a little advantage and key maybe you can help. If while browsing my ISP auto logout. The login page is appear instead of website which i want to browse.

I can design a HTML and host it on a free webhosting which will auto refresh after 10min(or more) and whenever my ISP auto logout from my ISP the login page will appear. But I want something which also fill my username/password and click submit.

I hope you can understand my issue.
Please Help
Thanks

-BrAiN

-p.s. I am broadband user not a dialup user.
Last edited by BrAiN on Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Claudiu

Re: Automatic Login Issue

Post by Claudiu » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:32 pm

there's an easier way to solve the problem :)
if your using windows search google for auto reconnect

in ie if i remember right you go to tools > internet options > connections > then with the tab open you select your connection > select dial whenever network connection is not present > ok

your done ... everytime your connection fails you'll automatically connect to the internet whenever a web request is made.

so for example internet fails for a sec, discoonection happens. if the browser requests a url, then windows will dial your connection and reconnect you to internet.

now .. you need to figure out a way to alwys have a webpage to try to connect to something. i know of an ideea to do this, but that would be another topic and probably this isn't the place to talk about it. google can help you tho. hf
BrAiN

Post by BrAiN » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:10 pm

Claudiu wrote:there's an easier way to solve the problem :)
if your using windows search google for auto reconnect

in ie if i remember right you go to tools > internet options > connections > then with the tab open you select your connection > select dial whenever network connection is not present > ok

your done ... everytime your connection fails you'll automatically connect to the internet whenever a web request is made.

so for example internet fails for a sec, discoonection happens. if the browser requests a url, then windows will dial your connection and reconnect you to internet.

now .. you need to figure out a way to alwys have a webpage to try to connect to something. i know of an ideea to do this, but that would be another topic and probably this isn't the place to talk about it. google can help you tho. hf
Sir,
Thank you so much for your time to read my problem and respond. Your reply is highly appreciate. I am sorry to mention above I am not a dialup user. The option you are suggesting is for dialup user. I am broadband user and they have this login issue and webbased login issue.
Once again thanks for your response. Now if you have anything relating to this update please let me know .

Thanks
Claudiu

Post by Claudiu » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:45 pm

can you show a print screen of the login window ? .. so i can get a better picture of sifference between broadband and dial up login box
BrAiN

Post by BrAiN » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:51 pm

Please watch this
Wateen Telecom.jpg
Thanks
siniy

Post by siniy » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:12 pm

Use autorefresh plugin or create autorefresh yourself. Make autologin imacros script, run it in loop with timeout 5-10 minutes and "SET !ERRORIGNORE YES".
There is also auto login plugin for firefox which I use. http://securelogin.mozdev.org/
It's not logging in automatically by default. You'll need to modify option "extensions.secureLogin@blueimp.net.autoLogin" http://securelogin.mozdev.org/drupal/co ... tautoLogin
BrAiN

Post by BrAiN » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:28 pm

siniy wrote:Use autorefresh plugin or create autorefresh yourself. Make autologin imacros script, run it in loop with timeout 5-10 minutes and "SET !ERRORIGNORE YES".
There is also auto login plugin for firefox which I use. http://securelogin.mozdev.org/
It's not logging in automatically by default. You'll need to modify option "extensions.secureLogin@blueimp.net.autoLogin" http://securelogin.mozdev.org/drupal/co ... tautoLogin

You are amazing, you are genius... Problem solved doesn't required any Macro.. Yupiii .. I am soo happy.. you saved my life. Believe me...
samlauncher

Post by samlauncher » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:59 pm

Appreciated info its gud to know...
furqi20

Post by furqi20 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:39 am

this is called google power...i was searching about this problam nd now i got a solution.....thnx alot for this solution.......... :)
jameslake

Post by jameslake » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:49 pm

Appreciated info, good sharing.
nancymills

Post by nancymills » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:51 am

You are amazing, you are genius... Problem solved doesn't required any Macro.. Yupiii .. I am soo happy.. you saved my life. Believe me.