Can not open iMacro for IE8

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Haverhill

Can not open iMacro for IE8

Post by Haverhill » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:17 am

Hi
I am newbie for iMacro and have question. Imacro icon shown on IE8 toolbar, but It does not open when clicked on it. How do I open it up? Please help.
Thanks in advance.
Hannes, Tech Support

Re: Can not open iMacro for IE8

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:20 pm

That's very strange. Please try pressing F8.
A complete uninstall-reinstall cycle might help as well.
Haverhill

Post by Haverhill » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:24 am

Hannes, iOpus wrote:That's very strange. Please try pressing F8.
A complete uninstall-reinstall cycle might help as well.
Hi,
I did not use imacros much since then, but now I want to run it on IE. However, still could not run Imacro addon on IE. The icon is there, but it does not open or start. I disable and then enable it, nothing change.I also try reinstall IE8 but it just frozen without running.
I don't know what goes wrong?
Please advise.
Thanks
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:59 pm

Hello Haverhill,

Have you tried uninstalling iMacros using the Windows Control Panel, and then reinstall with the latest version?
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
tgandy

Post by tgandy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:45 am

I had this issue. Installed iMacros8 on IE8 on Windows7.

The imacros explorer bar (Menu View -> Explorer Bars -> iMacros v8) would display but without anything in.

If I run IE8 'Run as Administrator' then the full explorer bar is displayed with the macro selector, play/record/edit tabs and all the rest.

Not sure why I have to be Admin in IE8 but not in FF 10.0.2