Accuracy of installation instructions in ReadMe.txt

Discussions and Tech Support related to using the iMacros Component for .NET in your applications.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
BGood

Accuracy of installation instructions in ReadMe.txt

Post by BGood » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:27 pm

I have a question about the initial installation procedure outline in the ReadMe.txt file distributed with the iMacros component. Specifically, step #4:
4. Copy also the other dlls from the iMacrosComponent\Bin folder to your project's bin\configuration folder. There are 10 dlls altogether. They are necessary during runtime.
Shouldn't the initial placement of iMacros.Component.dll and all its dependent assemblies be in the root project folder, with the CopyLocal property = Always. With this configuration, the assemblies will be copied into the proper bin/configuration folder based on the setting of the Build Configuration.

I followed the original installation instructions and my project builds are resulting in repeating subdirectories like the following:

/Bin/Debug/Bin/Debug/iMacrosComponent.dll
/Bin/Release/Bin/Release/iMacrosComponent.dll

Thanks.
rguez_18

Re: Accuracy of installation instructions in ReadMe.txt

Post by rguez_18 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:02 pm

You only need to add the 7 iim dlls directly into your project with their build property set to content and "Copy Always", imacros.component.dll should be added to your reference with copy local set to true, the other two dlls are automatically added when you reference the imacro.component.dll. Hope this helps. Thanks!

.NET Developer
<---Using IMacro since version 4 - See Date Joined on Forum
***For Quotes and Estimates please feel free to contact me.
YM: Rguez_18 <at> y a hoo <that> com
BGood

Re: Accuracy of installation instructions in ReadMe.txt

Post by BGood » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:39 pm

Appreciate your reponse Rguez_18. I followed the installation instructions and copied the dlls into /bin/Debug with CopyLocal=True and as a result was getting the redundant directory levels under /bin after a project build. Thanks.